1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys this is how to code a new remote without using VAGCOM

How to synchronise a new remote keyfobs

You'll need two keys to do this

1. Place your first key into the ignition and turn to the second notch (do not start the car)

2. Now close the door and place your second key into the handle lock

3. Turn the key to the lock position and let it spring back to the central position.

4. Hold down the Lock button on your new remote, you may hear a bleep from the car

5. Now unlock the car using the key in the barrel and remove, then take your first key out of the ignition

6. Close the door

7. Your remote should now be coded

·
Registered
287 Posts
You don't need to go through the sequence above. That is fairly long winded but not to detract from the well written article itself.

all you need is one key providing the car is unlocked, or your spare only to open the car.

sit in the drivers seat, blip the unlock/lock of the key you wish to syncronise put it in the ignition and turn. job done.... (at least for a 2001 gti and a 2001 S3)

if you are delocked and the car is also locked up. assuming the boot is still factory open the boot with the key and a bit of clambering to do to climb in and open the doors.

if you have de locked the boot and doors and haven't fitted another device to enable you to access on power failure then welcome to the world of hindsight!

R

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,450 Posts
Just for info.

Have a new remote which I've synchronised using the above method. It also has the correct key.

The new remote now locks/unlocks the doors and sets/unsets the alarm (remotely)

Great, however it does NOT disable the immobiliser. So you can turn the key in the ignition but the car will not start. The immobiliser warning light also stays on.

Looks like to actually sync. the immobilier to the new remote, I will have to take a trip down the stealer's. Quoted ?42.00 to do the job!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yup..

The Stealership actually get a time-sensitive code from VW's server in Germany that allows them to re-code the transponder (in the keyfob) to match the immobiliser..

I've just had a new alarm fitted and the guys who fitted it needed to take one of the transponder chips to enable my remote-start functionality.

The alarms fitters are getting an additional key-fob syncronised to the immobiliser at the dealerships next week. If it was possible to do i through Vag-Com, they surely would have done it themselves (v.clever chaps www.amgdesign.co.uk)

- Toff.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Does anyone know if the 3 button key will work with a car that was supplied with a 2 button key? I recently bought a spare key that has the boot release also, I have brought a new blade for it and want to know if it can be syncrhonised to lock/unlock the car?

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Just synched my 3 button remote from my polo to the bora and I can now remote open the boot instead of having to press the unlock button twice and exposing the cabin of the car being unlock. Just gotta get a blade and a recode now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
this may sound crazy[!]

but as a suggestion to sync the chip in the key with the immob, try turning the ignition on with your new key and leave it for a minimum of 40 mins i have a feeling it may recode it[:D]

not gonna say much else but have seen it work on audi's

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
this may sound crazy

but as a suggestion to sync the chip in the key with the immob, try turning the ignition on with your new key and leave it for a minimum of 40 mins i have a feeling it may recode it

not gonna say much else but have seen it work on audi's

Sorry mate but this does not work. Left it for 45mins and I get Immob Active and Engine Workshop in the display.

Anyone else got any ideas or is it a trip down the stealer?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All this is my first post! Today i brought a 2000 V5 and only got one key for it :( The stealership just quoted me ?150 for a new key inc programming , Does this sound about right? its the 2 button remote.

Many thanks in advance!

MC

·
Registered
71 Posts
dude this works a treat. got myself a three button remote of fleabay, swopped it for the 2 button one in my key, used your recoding and it works fine.

So a big thank you to yourself for this info[Y][Y][Y]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just to make this clear,

on probably all Immo2 type keys the above may code both the remote part and the immobiliser part.

But i think on Immo 3 u either have to go to VW and they use their new gecko system to dial up to germany and get hte time sensitive code. Or you can use a VagCom if you know the 4/7 digit SKC (sometimes found in owners manual or even on the pastic key by the barcode.

But if you buy a 2nd hand key with Immo3 youll never get the immobiliser part to work as once its programmed thats it it cant be recoded to a diff car/immobiliser.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts