Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried searching but cant find anything that doesnt mean taking the bumper or entire grill off?

BasicaIly im just wondering how to take the front and back badge off, (just the vw logos) so i can spray them black. Without taking the bumper of grill off.

Thanks,

Will

·
Registered
16 Posts
rear badge is glued, should be fairly simple to remove with some heat applied - however I'm not sure if it covers anything/or if it's fully painted underneath.

front grill is very easy to remove, you'll have to remove the bonnet pulley first though.
there are plenty of debadged grilles on eBay :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Front badge is very easy all you have todo is give it a little pull and it will unclip. if you are replacing the whole of the rear badge then it is glued on so just give it a little heat and it will come straight off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On vw mk4 get a mall flat screw driver the vw emblem will slide off is only clipped in and is metal on others may be plastic so be careful then can spray paint it and clip it back on as you never took it off you can also now buy 4d light up vw emblem badges blue red white green for car from wish in china is vey good for £8 plus shipping is £3 I ordered 2 for front and back as blue goes well with silver got fed up of the boring normal badged have black and red wires you connect to back wiper and at front have to extend to car battery but otherwise is good and lights up at night I love this why couldn’t golf do this on all cars when making them china came up with a great idea and of buying an illuminated car badge with led lights and looks wow on car as upgrading my car as like to be different wheels could do the same too for car badge I love it loads and draws looks from everyone when driving at night and day time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts