Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorted out my insurance and got through the paper work through from chris knotts but one of things i need to send is proof of my no claims discount but cant find anything for it.

anyone know how i can get proof of no claims?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tried looking through old paper work, which was tesco, but cant seem to see anything that says about no claims discount.....

·
Advertisers
409 Posts
Best thing to do is to ring Tesco up and ask for them to send out your proof of NCB for you to forward on, Or contact your new insurer with the full details of your Tesco policy and see if they are able to contact them to obtain verbal confirmation.

Dan.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I,ve just wasted hours trying to sort out the same problem - I insured with Churchill and sent my renewal details and proof of NCB late December. I received a letter on 13th Jan informing me that these had not been received - as I had been told to send the original copy all I could now find to send was the renewal invitation and schedule which clearly stated 11 years NCB. I eventually rec,d another letter on the 26th stating that this was not acceptable proof and and that I must provide the original letter (which I had already told them I had sent previously and they had presumably lost). After hours on the phone I thought I had sorted this out only to receive another letter this morning telling me that as they had not rec,d the requested proof my NCB would be cancelled and my insurance would be increased by £400 - if this was not paid within 14 days my policy would be cancelled. All these letter were from the Director of Sales and Service but the really frustrating thing is that it impossible to actually contact him (or anyone who is able to do anything to actually resolve problems) In this day and age where all insurance companies share data it must be very easy to find out whether I am entitled to NCB or not. Are all companies just as bad in terms of customer service or is it worth looking elsewhere next year?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got my insurance through chris knotts and got the info through the other day about wat i need to do and send back.

i did ring my old company on tuesday afternoon and asked them to send me proof of ncb so they did. i also recieved a letter from chris knotts about they havnt recieved the paper work which i thought give me time....... anyway got the proof of ncb through today from tesco and sent it of so hopefully it should all be ok and i will get my full insurance paperwork through.....

also i brought of awesome gti a turbo guage and air vent pod..... YAY!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
With Sky insurance I gave them my name and policy number of my previous insurer and they called them for confirmation. Easy...

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Always send insurance documents recorded and signed for delivery.

That way if they say they havent received them, you can present to them the receipt showing they have been signed for and you can tell them to do one.
spot on

should do that with any important documents as a rule, make sure you have a copy of letters/documents

·
Registered
533 Posts
Fair point - it is always best to keep a copy but in my case with Churchill that would not have helped as they insist on having the original (which they had presumably lost). The real problem was the fact that it was simply impossible to contact anyone who was prepared to make any effort to sort out the problem and that I had to spend hours on hold going through various options and could never contact the faceless idiot who kept sending me letters threatening to cancel my insurance - needless to say I will not be renewing with them next year!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sometimes it really hurt you when you are unable to do anything and that is an important similarly prove of claim is not easy as its sound try to find old paper work

·
Vendor
370 Posts
If you haven't the proof of NCB, you can also just tell us the policy number and phone number of your insurers and we can ring them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you haven't the proof of NCB, you can also just tell us the policy number and phone number of your insurers and we can ring them.
i got my ncb through the other day and sent it of to u monday evening so hopefully u should have it if not them tomorrow. i sent it in those prepaid envelopes u send out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts