Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
finally after all the hassles of buying the wheel from Germany, and having them deliver the wrong type, it's done.

the wheel was swapped and coded tonight, and works brilliantly

all the buttons light up as they are supposed to and work as expected,

the paddles work (and light up too)

took about 1hr to do, and it was well worth the spend.

i do, however have some questions for those that have factory fitted paddles.

they shift gears even when the Gear s elector stick is in the D position.

is this normal behaviour ?

also, if i use them to down shift while slowing down, (for more engine braking)

it will automatically go back to the D program below a certain speed.

the car does not have to be stopped, for it to go back to D.

is that normal behaviour too ?

Jason.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is a long time after this thread started, but if I get a multifunction steering wheel with the module already, then is it a case of getting the airbag wiring loom and slip ring and it will just work with no coding as it is already coded? I have DSG as well so will get one with the DSG paddles :) I have a 4 spoke steering wheel at the moment, so realise I will have to get an airbag as well, is this still a failry straightforward mod? Does the airbag need coding to the car in that case?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi could some one please post up a picture for me of the socket used to take off the steering wheel ? is it a spline or torx socket ? also a link to where you could buy one would be very much appreciated too
i bought a cheapo set like this, was barely any more than buying the individual socket (actually came with two - one long and short). http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11pc-SPLINE-BIT-SET-1-2-Drive-Socket-CHROME-VANADIUM-/110638631263?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19c293895f

it's a spline, size 12 i think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi could some one please post up a picture for me of the socket used to take off the steering wheel ? is it a spline or torx socket ? also a link to where you could buy one would be very much appreciated too
i bought a cheapo set like this, was barely any more than buying the individual socket (actually came with two - one long and short). http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11pc-SPLINE-BIT-SET-1-2-Drive-Socket-CHROME-VANADIUM-/110638631263?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19c293895f

it's a spline, size 12 i think.
Cheers again skard [:)] Just gathering up all the things il need for this mod ...not sure if il get VCDS they are around 350 dollars i think, not sure if i could justify it [:D]

·
Registered
472 Posts
if you're keeping the car for a few years and like to tinker, you will more than likely regret not buying the lead. unless of course there is a member local to you with a lead.

MFSW retrofit is one of those times you definitely need it [:)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
[:D]
if you're keeping the car for a few years and like to tinker, you will more than likely regret not buying the lead. unless of course there is a member local to you with a lead.

MFSW retrofit is one of those times you definitely need it
Mmm yeah i plan to keep this car for about 5 years [:D] think i will get it so because i want to fit the highline clocks too and maybe the rns510 sometime if the funds allows [:D] is the recoding fairly easy to do ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello every body,

I have a Golf V 2005 1.6 FSI Sportline with trip computer and half MFD

Recently i installed MFSW and Cruise Control. Everything in the car is Type I so i found a first generation MFSW.

The parts that i installed are the following:

1K0 953 549 AM electronic module

1K0 959 653 slip ring

1K0 953 513 G 9B9 Cruise control cluster

1K0 419 091 AE 7B4 MFSW

and the wire that needs to the ECU

Installation went fine and the coding was accepted at once (steering wheel,Adaptation and CC activation) and everything works perfect.

The only problem i have is with the Airbag warning light

Here is the fault :

Address 15: Airbags Labels: 1K0-909-605.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 909 605 D HW: 1K0 909 605 D
Component: 01 AIRBAG VW8 022 0600
Revision: 05022000 Serial number: 0033JD0FVJ8P
Coding: 0012337
Shop #: WSC 01268 785 00200
VCID: 2D5A8C42CD79

1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

Dose some body knows if the 1K0 959 653 slip ring is compatible to my project or I should change to 1K0 959 653 A ?

Or if you have something else in mind ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I take it that the fault returns straight away after clearing it?

Does your horn work?

You should be using 1K0 959 653A with the AM controller

Ed

121 - 140 of 157 Posts