Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
461 - 480 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
@Imagewerx Hi Chris, need a shove in the right direction with regards to a standalone remote central locking kit I have bought to replace my failing aftermarket alarm upgrade system that is currently fitted to the car

I see you mention in the first post about negative impulse for the central locking, does this relate to the figure E in my instructions but swapping the yellow and yellow/black wires for ground rather than positive?

20170112_2029001_zpsi3ndic27.jpg

My previous alarm system has remote central locking with it and gives a very similar wiring diagram but leaves what will be the orange and orange/black of the new central locking kit not connected to anything, would I be safe to assume this will be the same?

20170112_2200411_zps9x1jmj4p.jpg

Thanks for any help, need to do this ASAP as I'm worried about the alarm and central locking failing totally...

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
Diagram C but they still have that misprint which could cause a LOT of damage in some cars :angry: .

Yellow and yellow/black to ground

White to open wire in car

White/black to close wire in car

Orange and orange/black not used

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Many thanks to @Imagewerx for your help with this, managed to rip out my dead alarm today and fit the keyless entry kit. Luckily I managed to use some of the wires from the alarm that were already connected to the right parts of the loom which saved some time.

Unfortunately I've lost my roll up/down windows now so will look for something to sort that before summer. Boot solenoid is next on the list along with strut springs

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Window roll up has been restored, I actually used my brain this morning and realised I needed to connect the window roll up output wire to the locking signal wire and job done. No window roll down but I can live without that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

im trying to install in my Golf MK4 (1.6 master edition) a remote central lock. i have a Inca pro set.

picture of the set:

tTxjILT.jpg

My MK4 has no electric windows, and see allot of people here talking about an 29pins connector but i don't have any, only thing i find is a CCM with a 23 and 24 connector see pictures:

kKNefBW.jpg

Q6MiIDm.jpg

The winker lights are working so no issue. to open the doors (pin 4) is also no problem. for the unlock i using now the white/black cable. so my white/black cable is connected to PIN4 on my CCM

the big problem is to get it closed i get that function not working.. i tried already pin 24 but that's not working. so how can i get this working maybe another pin i need? i also tried it with the doors closed to see if it works also not working..

thanks already

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

im trying to install in my Golf MK4 (1.6 master edition) a remote central lock. i have a Inca pro set.

picture of the set:

tTxjILT.jpg

My MK4 has no electric windows, and see allot of people here talking about an 29pins connector but i don't have any, only thing i find is a CCM with a 23 and 24 connector see pictures:

kKNefBW.jpg

Q6MiIDm.jpg

The winker lights are working so no issue. to open the doors (pin 4) is also no problem.

the big problem is to get it closed i get that function not working.. i tried already pin 24 but that's not working. so how can i get this working maybe another pin i need? i also tried it with the doors closed to see if it works also not working..

thanks already

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
Hi all,

picture of the set:

The winker lights are working so no issue. to open the doors (pin 4) is also no problem.

thanks already
Does the car know the doors are shut,i.e. do the puddle lights (bottom rear of front doors) go on and off as you open and close the doors?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi imagewerx,

thanks for your reply, just checked the puddle lights and they are working and go on and off when opening and closing the door.

i did allot of googling today :) and see some more people with the same issue but the solution is never writen down :-( already mailed the people invvolved but no answer yet.. it can be a bit frustrated but we will fix it!!

are there any other things i can try? like removing the panel of the drivers door and see which wires are going to the lock motor there? or are these different than on the CCM?

also a see allot of people have a green and grey connector to the CCM but i have a black and brown one. maybe thats also different?

·
Registered
5 Posts
and my door looked trimmed like this:

f281d89c8134fb148c0d8e36488ee900.jpg

So i dont have a unit also in my door (because no electric windows and no central lock buttons on my door) maybe extra to mention i also have a red light blinking on my drivers door when activate it

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
So i dont have a unit also in my door (because no electric windows and no central lock buttons on my door) maybe extra to mention i also have a red light blinking on my drivers door when activate it
You need to test all of the wires coming out of the door lock.You need to find one that only goes negative when you turn the key to the lock position,and another one that only goes negative when you turn the key to the unlock position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i removed my door panel and see the following wires:

mWVvECi.jpg

i have the following color codes:

Purple/Yellow

Blue/Yellow

Yellow/Green

Grey Yellow

Yellow/Green

Blue Yellow

brown

brown/yellow

does someone know which one is open and close? otherwise i need to do some extra trim on the door and removing the central lock motor also...

the reason is that i have connected now the open wire at the CCM on a purple/green wire which is not at the door.... im getting crazy :p

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
Unfortunately I can't tell you (and it's likely no one else will be able to) as they changed on an almost yearly basis.This is all covered in my fitting guide and hence the reason I give pin numbers and not wire colours.You need to test this yourself,otherwise taking the advice of a complete stranger on the internet could result in an expensive burning smell.

461 - 480 of 490 Posts