Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
441 - 460 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me again so please could you tell me which wire I wire the right click green wire to on my golf and which colour wire the violet window risor wire on the right click wiring will go to on my golf please my wiring diagram is above please

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
As I say on the very first page,ignore the wire colours as they change by the year.Go just on the pin numbers I already explained about and you won't go wrong,again all covered in detail on page 1.This is the reason I sat down and wrote this guide so I wouldn't have to keep answering the same questions again and again.Mark 4 Golfs don't have an electric boot release,so unless you have fitted or are going to fit some sort of solenoid or electric actuator,this feature won't work on your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have a golf mk4 1.4 2002 it has central locking but not remote central locking so I got a kit of ebay and am wondering if you can help, the diagram had 6 wires for the central control lock assorted wires, do I connect them all and if so witch wires to I connect them to?

also do you have to connect the window wire for it to work or can you leave it off? and what colour/pin is the trunk release on the golf?

I will attach photos of the diagram I got with the kit

Thanks Andy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
Hi I have a golf mk4 1.4 2002 it has central locking but not remote central locking so I got a kit of ebay and am wondering if you can help, the diagram had 6 wires for the central control lock assorted wires, do I connect them all and if so witch wires to I connect them to?

also do you have to connect the window wire for it to work or can you leave it off? and what colour/pin is the trunk release on the golf?

I will attach photos of the diagram I got with the kit

Thanks Andy
Connect it up as the first diagram 'negative trigger' shows,don't connect the window closer wire and Golfs don't have electric trunk release so no need to connect that wire.

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
Thanks, so the 1st wire you don't connect the 2nd is the lock signal the 3rd is Earth the 4th hasn't got a thing next to it??? 5th you don't connect and the 6th to the unlock signal.

Dose that sound about right?

Thanks Andy
Yes,they should really give the colours on the individual connection diagrams but the positions in the connector should also match up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I've just registered to uk-mkivs.net, so I don't really know much about where to post etc. I bought a kit from eBay that had no instructions......here is a picture of then wires from the kit could anyone tell me what each colour is for as I have no clue ? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
Hi I've just registered to uk-mkivs.net, so I don't really know much about where to post etc. I bought a kit from eBay that had no instructions......here is a picture of then wires from the kit could anyone tell me what each colour is for as I have no clue ? Thanks
The photos aren't showing Danny.If it's a generic eBay locking kit,this question has been asked and answered in here about a dozen times if you read all the way through this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bother you again but I can't find anywhere that has the same remote locking kit as mine. The pictures won't send as the storage is too much apparently.
The colours on my connector are:
Black
Green
Pink
White
Purple
Orange
Black
Yellow
Red
Brown
White
Grey
Green

Would you know what each colour is for? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
Asking me what a random list of colours means is like asking how long is a random piece of string? You haven't provided me with any relevant details what so ever,so I can't even start to guess what anything is for.Upload a CLEAR AND IN FOCUS PHOTO to Photobucket etc and copy the IMG tags across to show your photos on here.

441 - 460 of 490 Posts