Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,700 Posts
@Imagewerx Hi Chris, need a shove in the right direction with regards to a standalone remote central locking kit I have bought to replace my failing aftermarket alarm upgrade system that is currently fitted to the car

I see you mention in the first post about negative impulse for the central locking, does this relate to the figure E in my instructions but swapping the yellow and yellow/black wires for ground rather than positive?

20170112_2029001_zpsi3ndic27.jpg

My previous alarm system has remote central locking with it and gives a very similar wiring diagram but leaves what will be the orange and orange/black of the new central locking kit not connected to anything, would I be safe to assume this will be the same?

20170112_2200411_zps9x1jmj4p.jpg

Thanks for any help, need to do this ASAP as I'm worried about the alarm and central locking failing totally...

· Registered
2,700 Posts
Thanks mate, I saw that diagram just after I'd shut the PC down and realised that was probably the right one but wasn't sure of one wire being positive, that's a hell of a misprint :mellow: :mellow:

· Registered
2,700 Posts
Many thanks to @Imagewerx for your help with this, managed to rip out my dead alarm today and fit the keyless entry kit. Luckily I managed to use some of the wires from the alarm that were already connected to the right parts of the loom which saved some time.

Unfortunately I've lost my roll up/down windows now so will look for something to sort that before summer. Boot solenoid is next on the list along with strut springs

· Registered
2,700 Posts
Window roll up has been restored, I actually used my brain this morning and realised I needed to connect the window roll up output wire to the locking signal wire and job done. No window roll down but I can live without that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts