Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Foot space is good, but if you are considering putting a baby seat (the infant ones that attached to the base) then there is little space at all!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Not much in the back if your driver is like me and likes to sit quite far back. Not the most practical car for a family of 4 or something like that. Plenty spacious enough if you normally have 1-2 people in the front as there is masses of space in the front, but will sit 4 pretty comfortably.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wouldnt say it was very spacious but its decent. For kids it's perfect, plenty of space but for adults it is a little cramped (kneeroom especially I find). I wouldnt want to be stuck in the back for more than an hour but it isnt bad at all.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've had a washing machine in the back, and had an office desk top(1.50m) in there too!! thats with the rear seats down though!! Also had 3 mountain bikes in there as well if it's any help!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i love driving a car the size of the golf. it is the perfect size for one person or a couple. cos the boot and backs seats are enough room for loads of crap if need be

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
I would say rear leg room is poor for adults. I'm not particularly tall (5'10") and I like my seat fairly far back. But this leaves very little leg room for adults in the rear. Doesn't bother me much cos I don't often have rear passengers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
agreed, rear legroom not the best for adults - I recently put 2 britax isofix car seats in the back of my 5dr (long journey so took my tdi instead of missus's scenic baby wagon) and they fitted ok with legroom for 17 month nippers so not kicking seatback but not much room for anything else!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've had three fast Golfs and have been able to fit two surfboards in boardbags (6'2" and a 6'6") with seats folded down and wife still in the front. Can also do the same with two MTBs.

Pretty practical I reckon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wouldn't say it's that spacious. The Golf is a chunky car with good crash resistance and I guess this results in a loss of interior space. Some of the competitors offer more room. I'll stick with 'em though!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
For those members with 3drs do you think spaciousness is that important?

The reason i bought the three door is cos i don't often have people in the back

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
it's usually only me + 1 passenger, however, recently it's been me + 4 passengers on the way to football. im only 5'9", but the other 4 lads are all over 6ft and they have no complaints

·
Registered
137 Posts
With the back seat folded flat I've got 2 mountain bikes in the car (with front wheels removed) and a week's luggage for 2 people.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I transport a lot of furniture so the back space capacity is great and the rear doors are a bonus for those tight access moments. I'm 5'11" and rear passenger foot space is not bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good, but not enough room if you play golf (somewhat Ironic I feel) to fit a full set of clubs in the boot - I have to put them across the back seat !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts