Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great...only had the car since friday evening, loving it...just hit a fox on my way home from evening class and broken the front spoiler. Gutted.....[:'(]

Stupid vermin ran accross in front of me from the opposite side of the road! Hit the anchors hard and probably didnt hit the stupid ginger creature hard enough to kill it (serves him right) and it glanced off the front right corner cracking the spoiler along the 90 degree bend where it joins on to the bumper. Hopefully it can be fixed rather than needing a replacement.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your car but please have more sympathy for the poor creature. I hope it is not lying somewhere suffering a slow painful end.[:'(]

Hope you get your car sorted alright as of course you did all you could to avoid it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Not really, I had someone crash into my MkV three days after picking it
up. Did a lot more damage than crack the spoiler, but at least the
other drive wasnt injured and cars can be repaired. This evening
however REALLY p'ssd me off, I practically got driven off the road by a
car cartransporter and kerbed both the alloys down the passenger side
as I dived out the way.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess its that I wasnt doing anything wrong, just minding my own business (bit like you with your alloys), not thrashing it or anything and the stupid animal seemed to do everything it could to get in front of my car! Bloody frustrating, and I expect expensive!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Vote Conservative and bring back Fox hunting!!  Soon we'll be having to swerve on every road.  Not wanting to be sick, but have you noticed there does seem to be rather alot of roadkill on the roads at the moment, is it national animal suicide week or something? 

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Sorry to here about your incident mate! I must agree there is a lot more road kill going on, epically on the A40 my gosh[:|] theres blood and fur etc all over most parts of my 30mile journey!! Thank God, I haven't hit anything yet!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Badgers are a hell of a lot worse, I've hit two of them and they DO cause a lot of damage. Havne't hit one in the golf though, thankfully. It's best not to hit anything really, but these animals do seem to want to get in front of you no matter what you do!

First one i hit which caused the most damage was dancing around in front of me after a corner, was about 2am, so I swerved to the other side of the road, as I did, it ran into the other side of the road so I hit it with brakes on full lock [:S] Poor creature, so I turned round to make sure it was dead and it was gone! No where to be seen, so I dunno how it managed that as it went straight under the first wheel as I left the ground. Mighty tough things me thinks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
a mate of mine hit a deer on a motorbike (he was on the bike, not the deer[<:eek:)]). Anyway you would not want to hit something like that, he defo came of worse, i think the deer was slightly surprised, but not as surprised as him !!. [:)]

·
Registered
874 Posts
a mate of mine hit a deer on a motorbike (he was on the bike, not the deer[<:eek:)]).
PMSL!!![:D][<:eek:)]

Back on the subject of foxes, I hit one in the Golf a couple of years ago.

Was having a 'spirited' drive down a road I know well at about 10pm on a Sunday night and rounded a long sweeping corner at about 80mph.

Sitting in the middle of the road was an already dead but not squashed fox. It's head sitting up looking at me.

Lowered Golfs don't have much clearance under the sump and fox skulls make a helluva noise when they rattle under the whole length of the car at 60odd.

Had fox fur stuck to the back of the car and as there was guts on the exhaust the car stunk every time the exhaust got hot for about 6 months![|-)]

The smell in the garage in the morning was disgusting![+o(]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Great...only had the car since friday evening, loving it...just hit a fox on my way home from evening class and broken the front spoiler. Gutted.....[:'(]

Stupid vermin ran accross in front of me from the opposite side of the road! Hit the anchors hard and probably didnt hit the stupid ginger creature hard enough to kill it (serves him right) and it glanced off the front right corner cracking the spoiler along the 90 degree bend where it joins on to the bumper. Hopefully it can be fixed rather than needing a replacement.
[:mad:]

Oh my.. how tragic.. I mean do animals not have enough intelligence to use the green cross code ?!?! How daft of it to run into the road and be startled by something no doubt at least 50 times bigger than it. [:(]

Still it's only broken a bit of lifeless, inanimate plastic eh.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
yeah, they had it in this years manifesto but it will take them two
more terms in office to start to seriously think about doing it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They've only banned hunting with dogs, so if you've got a bird who's a bit on a munter in the passenger seat beware[:D]. The police will be looking out for you and I think that there is the possibility of jail to go along with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts