Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
When it's dirty it gets washed! If thats 3 times a week then so be it if I haven't used it then I normally get it out and wash it anyway!

1. I find washing and polishing my car very relaxing

2. I hate driving around in a dirty car!!

3. The neighbours think I have definately lost the plot! "Why are you washing a clean car" always makes me giggle!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Twice a week, midweek sesh on a Weds eve, I have a big car port with loads of lights (x10 5ft fluro's) so 'Nightime' washing / cleaning is not a problem for me....

This Weds it was so cold, before I could leather it off, some of the water had frozen on it at the back where the wind was blowing from.... I was gutted, so put her away in the garage with the fan heater on her, then half an hour later, leathered off the back end.

·
Registered
424 Posts
GaryM Posted - 05 Mar 2005 : 19:32:31

Quote: posted by squky clean on 05/03/2005 18:29:15

I personaly wash + wax my car twice a week, but it gets cleaned every day by my loyal employees(they love there boss)

You wax your car twice a week??

Thats dedication for you - it takes me around 3-4hrs to wash and wax my car!!

The joys of having a triple size heated garage mate[^][^][^]

+ as i have been valeting cars for 9 yrs, doing mine is about 1.5 hrs time taken....Usualy on a Sunday(night) then again mid week[^][^]The joys of owning a black car.......and of course running a valeting company.....[^][^][^]would'nt change it for the world......

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm gonna get a good slapping from you guys now![:D]

Last year I only washed my car about 5-6 times. Half bucket jobbie (thorough autoglym) and half public manual powerwash places but NEVER drive thru car wash!

When I decide my black is overwhelmingly grey/brownish colour (also whiteish during winter) and I can't see the rear no. plates then I do it[:O] At times I wish I didn't pick black! Black is lovely when its clean and polished but it's not a practical everyday colour for my drive lifestyle i.e. frequent motorway journeys.

I also have the black interior but this gets my cleaning attention more than the outside. The footwell areas esp shows so much more small dirt that a equivilent grey/beige one.

I love my car but I don't show it by washing it x times.[:I]

Please be gentle teachers[:)]

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Every week without fail, no matter how cold it is, record is -4 at the mo, almost slipped & broke my neck on the ice later that day[V]

If ive done quite a few miles early in the week & its salty[:I] I'll get the bucket out again.

Wax it every 2 weeks, or quick detail if its not possible to wax.

Ohhh cant wait to get back to the uk on tuesday, my new Clearkote should be there waiting [:p][:D]

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Read an article recently that Modern car washes are far gentler on your car than a sponge bucket combination...especially if the sponge is used more than once or one sponge for the entire car...

Need less to say , I always ask the dealer not to wash the car after service / warranty work...& if he does I will not pay him for the work (I put that in writing on the car seat!!).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Once a week in in the winter MINIMUM!!

or twice a week in the spring / summer.

I wax the car every other week or so in the winter or in the summer I have been known to do it everyweek. - Just using the clearkote hand glaze which is very quick!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Jrw lol @ your categories!

Once a week for me but i am still in that honeymoon period as ive not had the car that long.

I wonder how often the boys (cough...and girls[:X]) on Vortex wash their cars with the better weather (generally).

Less cos it dont get so dirty or more cos theres plenty of good weather to do it in?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.