Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how often you lot of fanatics wash your car?!

I try and do mine once a week but its usually once a fortnight!

·
Registered
415 Posts
i wash it twice a week. maybe more, depending on if ive been on the M1 at the mo!

give it a wax every month but that takes me 4-5 hours! roll on spring!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
once a week!! + maintance wax!, Clean/Polish Wax + inside, once a month give or take!, Diamond Brite, every 3-6 months! , all weather/ GF[;)]/ etc...dependant

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
once a week and only very rarely don't wax it aswell.

every month it gets the full wash/polish/wax along with interior sprucing.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by jrw on 05/03/2005 16:40:25

OK, who has put the local asylum seekers?!?!?!

Once a week for me but Josh and myself did get a local gang of asylum seekers to wash our cars just after having them tinted for a few night photos!!

BTW, it wasnt me who voted asylum seekers!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I usually wash it once a week but haven't washed it in a couple of weeks at mo, seems pointless with the stoopid weather we've had! bring on summer!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not as often as I should. Once a fortnight at the mo. Sometimes seems pointless coz the next day you get to work it needs washing again.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Try to wash at least some part, if not most of the car every day. It just depends what the weather outside is like! I try to keep the dirt levels minimised to make the washing procedure less time consuming overall. For example if there has been plenty of rain on it then I judiciously wash it down from the roof downwards with copious added water from a bucket or hose-fed brush and stop where the real dirt and possible 'gritty' stuff is. I'll then tackle the lower part another day - at least it makes sense to me!!!

Have done this for over forty years and people have always remarked how nice the car and paintwork looks. Mind you I have in recent years always chosen easy to maintain car colours including the ubiquitous metallic silver etc. No dark colours for me - too much like hard work, that. Alright if you live in California or places with similar forgiving climates.

·
Registered
682 Posts
About once every couple of weeks,as i dont use it very often,mainly at the weekends. My nice new VW Transporter gets washed every week though,as im out working every day with that.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i have no time to wash it so its filthy... also with the roads as they are i have left it, otherwise when its sunny and dry its 1 week on 1 car the next on the other.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by squky clean on 05/03/2005 18:29:15

I personaly wash + wax my car twice a week, but it gets cleaned every day by my loyal employees[^][^][^][^](they love there boss)

You wax your car twice a week??

Thats dedication for you - it takes me around 3-4hrs to wash and wax my car!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts