Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing this all the time by accident, just done it twice, on the same machine - building a server and tweaking about while it's on KERRRUNCH!!! [:O] Once in the 120mm case fan and once on the super high speed CPU (Xeon) fan. It's not that it even hurts much but it always comes as a shock.

Worst of all is when I'm demonstrating stuff at college, I swear at least every other lesson I get my hands or fingers jammed in a cooling fan and jump 3 feet in the air [:$]

·
Registered
586 Posts
I usually do it whenever I've got a PC opened up, not by accident you understand, I'm just compelled to. [^o)] I don't know why but I just have to.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
i know the feeling, the urge is always there, stick your finger in there

i do it more when the case is open,

theres semething about a spinning pc fan that needs to be fingered

lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
i know the feeling, the urge is always there, stick your finger in there

i do it more when the case is open,

theres semething about a spinning pc fan that needs to be fingered

lol
I like to put my finger on the centre hub of the fan and feel the heat as the friction builds up... Ahhh. I also do finger up spinning fans to see if I can stop them in one poke, but strong ones need several pokes [8-|]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to put my finger on the centre hub of the fan and feel the heat as the friction builds up... Ahhh. I also do finger up spinning fans to see if I can stop them in one poke, but strong ones need several pokes [8-|]
You're crazy [:|] I do that as well [:S] I also operate light switches with finger jabs - to see how quickly and precisely I can do it. Sometimes I'll get the timing wrong and nearly snap my fingers [:S]

Years ago, when I spent practically every weekend modding my own or someone else's PC, I'd remove the weedy temperature controlled fans in power supplies and the like, replacing them with super high speed jobbies, and I also drilled, sawed out or however else removed fan grilles and finger guards, 'cos finger guards were for wimps [:|]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

The W**EJO is back in the building !!!! [;)]

as Graham said stop fingering Fans and get some PC (tee hee)

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
You're crazy [:|] I do that as well [:S] I also operate light switches with finger jabs - to see how quickly and precisely I can do it. Sometimes I'll get the timing wrong and nearly snap my fingers [:S]
Hehe, and to see if i can get the light switch to be half way with a jab, not on or off, but flat and level. Did work, very addictive that was

·
Registered
249 Posts
LMAO, what an excellent thread!!!

Weird how if you think something is gonna hurt you kinda want to see how far you can go before you scream!!

I once (v. stupidly) put my fingers straight onto a light bulb (one of those fashionable floor standing lamps) in the lamp section of DIY store cos it was looked good, bloody thing had been on for hours and my fingers stuck to it, very weird cos it didn't hurt at first but after a couple of seconds it was shocking!

You should try it sometime, NOT!!! [:p][:O]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We need a UK-MKIVs fan poking contest, see who's got the strongest fingers [:D][;)]

I've got a 240V mains powered industrial fan with metal blades that I used in the summer of 2003 to keep my overclocked PC cool otherwise it wouldn't work [:S] That'll take anybody's fingers off [:p]

·
Registered
249 Posts
We need a UK-MKIVs fan poking contest, see who's got the strongest fingers [:D][;)]

I've got a 240V mains powered industrial fan with metal blades that I used in the summer of 2003 to keep my overclocked PC cool otherwise it wouldn't work [:S] That'll take anybody's fingers off [:p]
You first!!![:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts