Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you expext to pay for a set of Mkv GTI wheels with tyres,got offered a set today for ?800 brand new at my local stealer..Dont know if thats a decent price or not.What ye think

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm assuming that was for the 17's which is about right, although you can get them cheaper on ebay if youre prepared to hang around and wait for a set to appear.  If that was the 18's then snatch his hand off!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Assuming they are decent tyres that seems a bargain.

Have they only one set, perhaps taken off a customer's car.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No they had about 10 sets,dont know if they know something we dont,by the way ken did you fit an armrest on your mk5 sure it was your goodself..

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoken to the guy with the wheels,18" they are ?800 quid with tyres,also which im probably going for 18"rs4 ?650 with tyres. One set available only,knew there was something in it..

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
So are 18's proper VW alloys and not the replicas. If I buy the GTI 18's I'd have a set of 18" RS4 replicas (top quality mind TUV approved) to sell. Could work out a deal here, you buy the GTI 18's and I'll give you my RS4's and some cash!! [;)]

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
il stick with gettin the original rs4s but if you want the lads number for the 18s i can sort that if you like and you can sort it with him.Red or Blue then.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
nah its ok but thanks, Im going to get foxy to get me a set when he runs his mk5 group buy. Im going to ask him to order me the full GTI kit so that I can build my own GTD.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
They're on a GT TDI, hang on I'll take a pic. Quality will be crap though as my camera is a work which just leaves me with the phone...

Sunshining right on it now too!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep i think i will be goin for the rs4s,wonder what the GTI 18s look like on a gt tdi,nice one for that.Red or blue then..

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Next time your goin to watch em,let us know an al catch ye for a bevy if ye want am there every week..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts