Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can't understand that 2 months ago I called about 4 dealers and they all had cars actually in stock sitting there ready to go and could order with mid June delivery and now there are none! The dealer I got mine from had 3 in the showroom without buyers and I have seen only 2 others on the road and 1 of them lives about 10 doors away. Where have they all gone..................

Makes me think that I should keep mine for a few more months if the prices are going to hold andf just think of the money averytime I see a Boxster go by[:(]

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Quote: posted by mags on 30/03/2005 20:09:46

I can't understand that 2 months ago I called about 4 dealers and they all had cars actually in stock sitting there ready to go and could order with mid June delivery and now there are none! The dealer I got mine from had 3 in the showroom without buyers and I have seen only 2 others on the road and 1 of them lives about 10 doors away. Where have they all gone..................

Makes me think that I should keep mine for a few more months if the prices are going to hold andf just think of the money averytime I see a Boxster go by[:(]

Mags - you got it in one. You have a peach of a car that others cannot even get hold of until next year. Keep it and sell it in December for a paltry amount of depraciation.

All this has been caused by Mr Clarkson and the press. If they said it stank there would be GTi's going with ?3 - 4k off.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Might be worthwhile as I have enquired into a 987 in the spec I want and will be December/ Jan 2006 delivery at the moment. My original thinking was to get rid of the Gti and put a deposit down for new as at the moment the used 987 around seem to have huge spec and the dealers still want new price so most are ?40k+ I only want to spend no more than ?37k. Now my thinking is keep the GTi until the end of the year and hope that VW do not allocate more cars and try and still get a good price and pick up a 6 month old 987. The problem is that 2.7 Boxters have the same wait as the Gti so the value probably won't dip that much.............catch 22[:(!]

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.