Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you think I will get for my GTi. It's 2 months old options are Steel Grey Met paint , CD changer armrest and leather interior (with the heated seats). IT has just gone over 2000 miles and is like new....... apart from 1 very minor stonechip.

I have seen dealer prices but so far none from private sellers. Is there still a wait on new?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by silentandy on 28/03/2005 18:12:12

You want to sell it so soon??

Aye. In the last 2 weeks of nice wearther I have been gutted at not having a convertible and I keep looking at parts to put on the Golf so I have decided to get something else a little quicker that I don't have to mess around with and top up the tan at the same time[:)]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want a premium for it I would just like to get close to my money back. I lost nesarly ?5k on my last car which was 4 months old and didn't have a book price yet so I don't want to do the same with this one. I have not explored a trade in valeu yet as I know I will have my trousers dropped and get taken from behind by the dealer on the price. I was thinking of ?21,500 as I paid ?22400 for it - is that fair?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by TheDoc on 29/03/2005 07:53:28

trouble with selling cars is that they are only worth what someone will pay, fair or not, you will just have to try and see. I would have said it was a good price but you can never tell.

what are you going to get next ?

A Ford Ka to leave at the station and a new 987 for the weekends - hopefully!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Glowplug on 29/03/2005 09:38:16

I think ?21.5K is a reasonable asking price but I'm sure you can get more for it. The new Boxster is a top choice!

The only other I have seen private is a red with same options but 400 miles and an 05 plate for ?22999.

Is there a wait on GTi's at the moment?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can't understand that 2 months ago I called about 4 dealers and they all had cars actually in stock sitting there ready to go and could order with mid June delivery and now there are none! The dealer I got mine from had 3 in the showroom without buyers and I have seen only 2 others on the road and 1 of them lives about 10 doors away. Where have they all gone..................

Makes me think that I should keep mine for a few more months if the prices are going to hold andf just think of the money averytime I see a Boxster go by[:(]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Might be worthwhile as I have enquired into a 987 in the spec I want and will be December/ Jan 2006 delivery at the moment. My original thinking was to get rid of the Gti and put a deposit down for new as at the moment the used 987 around seem to have huge spec and the dealers still want new price so most are ?40k+ I only want to spend no more than ?37k. Now my thinking is keep the GTi until the end of the year and hope that VW do not allocate more cars and try and still get a good price and pick up a 6 month old 987. The problem is that 2.7 Boxters have the same wait as the Gti so the value probably won't dip that much.............catch 22[:(!]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.