Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you think I will get for my GTi. It's 2 months old options are Steel Grey Met paint , CD changer armrest and leather interior (with the heated seats). IT has just gone over 2000 miles and is like new....... apart from 1 very minor stonechip.

I have seen dealer prices but so far none from private sellers. Is there still a wait on new?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to say that it has the Diamond Brite protection on the paint and a fair few layers of Zymol over that.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by silentandy on 28/03/2005 18:12:12

You want to sell it so soon??

Aye. In the last 2 weeks of nice wearther I have been gutted at not having a convertible and I keep looking at parts to put on the Golf so I have decided to get something else a little quicker that I don't have to mess around with and top up the tan at the same time[:)]

·
Registered
64 Posts
You should easily get what you paid for it.

It doesn`t `book` yet so it`s hard to get a trade price.

Personally I wouldn`t pay a premium to avoid a wait, it`s not like an Aston V8 Vantage where the wait is over a year, but you never know, if somebody wants one badly enough they may pay over list.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want a premium for it I would just like to get close to my money back. I lost nesarly ?5k on my last car which was 4 months old and didn't have a book price yet so I don't want to do the same with this one. I have not explored a trade in valeu yet as I know I will have my trousers dropped and get taken from behind by the dealer on the price. I was thinking of ?21,500 as I paid ?22400 for it - is that fair?

·
Registered
251 Posts
trouble with selling cars is that they are only worth what someone will pay, fair or not, you will just have to try and see. I would have said it was a good price but you can never tell.

what are you going to get next ?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by TheDoc on 29/03/2005 07:53:28

trouble with selling cars is that they are only worth what someone will pay, fair or not, you will just have to try and see. I would have said it was a good price but you can never tell.

what are you going to get next ?

A Ford Ka to leave at the station and a new 987 for the weekends - hopefully!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Glowplug on 29/03/2005 09:38:16

I think ?21.5K is a reasonable asking price but I'm sure you can get more for it. The new Boxster is a top choice!

The only other I have seen private is a red with same options but 400 miles and an 05 plate for ?22999.

Is there a wait on GTi's at the moment?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's in the classifieds at ?21,500 now if anyone knows of someone who is looking for one[:(]

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Mags - you are being a little hasty i would suggest. there is a long waiting list for GTi's at the moment and yours is a very nice spec. I would place a very carefully worded ad in autotrader for the full price you paid, less a couple of hundred quid at the most. The way you are heading now you are going to be very out of pocket in a very short space of time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote: posted by Mark V on 29/03/2005 18:08:50

there is a long waiting list for GTi's at the moment

Only if you want a factory order, if you`re not fussy with spec there are cars available around the country.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yes there are cars available around the country - dealer demo cars which have had the n**ts thrashed off them. Mags car is a 2,000 mile private car with nice spec, rare as hens teeth on the used market.

·
Registered
36 Posts
At last someone to show my wife thats its not just me that changes cars more than my underpants!

I went from a Leon Cupra to a Mondeo Diesel to an Audi TT225 coupe and now the GTi. All brand new and all within the space of 21 months. Could have bought a nice small house with the amount I lost on depreciation!

Nice choice of cars Mags, can see your way of thinking. Anyway I'm going to keep my GTi forever, [;)] its all the above rolled into one and I've got a nice Honda CBR600 tucked up in the garage for serious performance.

Good luck. Oh, and I hope you've got a partner as understanding as mine!

Ken

Posted Image

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was looking at placing an order soon for a new GTI, but heard today that VW have sold the allocation this year and i would have to wait until Jan 06 for a new one, not sure if this is accurate information but the guy i spoke with did work for VW.

It's a shame really because i wanted a steel grey one myself but I was originally looking at Sept/Oct for one and i have to sell the Anni too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts