Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set off for work this morning and after 30 seconds of driving the message on the display ' please refuel' came on.

how many litres/miles are left b4 i'll completely run out of petrol?

(i risked it and didnt bother filling up as i was late for work)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think its about a gallon so thats what, 30 miles or so on a 1.8t. Iv had about 50 out of mine but its a diesel....

Regards

Sam

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Yep its about 30 miles worth as long as ya not bootin it ,

although just resently i couldn't even get that far ie i would run out of petrol at 1/4 tank lol

all sorted now thou ,

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I've risked about 25 miles in my V5. That was the difference between 'please refuel' and the gauge sliding out of the 'no seriously, you are

low now' mark!

·
Registered
53 Posts
When i was in munich last year i went just over 70 miles after please refuel ...all 70/80mph on the autobahn>refilled including venting the tank was 61 litres...and that lasts about 650/700 miles all motorway speeds with cruise set?So its possible to do 80 miles max i would have thought?.

As for a 1.8 T 40 should be possible..as its states 7 litres so...1.75 gallons approx 40 miles ...easy subject to the hammer going down[A]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dose it not ping twice? Sure mine dose, pinged at we twice on the M40 both times i jumped!

Was the coutdown feature only on the later cars?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I have had just over 50 miles from the beep.

The dial will go past the red zone and then just past the white before you run out...... i've been there a couple of time, never ran out though!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
never ran out though!
I have[:$] Felt a right twat too because it was on a dual carriageway and I was in the process of overtaking but couldn't make it so I had to cut the person up that I was overtaking to get into the layby that was coming up![:$]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
never ran out though!
I have[:$] Felt a right twat too because it was on a dual carriageway and I was in the process of overtaking but couldn't make it so I had to cut the person up that I was overtaking to get into the layby that was coming up![:$]
LOL.... similar thing happened to me, went to overtake on a dual carridgeway and as I moved from 3rd to 4th my gear s elector went [:(] Stuck in nutral I cruised into the grass verge on the side of the road. [:(]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts