Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am now selling my Anni GTI 1.8T and am wondering how much to sell it for?

I have it up for £8,750 due to it being very low mileage at 45,000 and in perfect condition inside and out, but would listen to offers around £8,400 (especially forum members!)

For pictures and full spec its in the For Sale section of the forum and on Pistonheads and ebay - Click Here to view Pistonheads Ad

Its obviously a bit of a hard time to sell a car at the moment but don't want to price it under its value just to sell it, as it truely is in excellent condition and low mileage!

Any advice on pricing would be helpful!

Lee

·
Registered
447 Posts
This were people are going to start again " I dont think an anni is worth that much!" blah blah blah BLAH! [:)]

But i think the price you have on it at the moment is perfect [Y]

my personal opinion

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Its worth £100 quid and a p/x with my 1.4 tornado red mk4 [:D].

Think i may have passed you a couple of weeks ago, coming through newton flotman!?

Ant [y]

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Insanely overpriced. Have never understood the absurd price tags attached to Anni's. Limited or not (a few thousand isn't exactly exclusive anyway), for what is essentially a tarted up 1.8T or a 1.9 diesel to be bordering on R32 money is silly.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
It is rather overpriced for an Anni, however saying that they do fetch a premium. Id say more around the 7k mark and it would be a seller.

Dan

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree that they are a tarted up GTI but as Dan and Mikie said they do fetch more than standard GTI's. I have already had some interest so am confident of selling it for nearer £8400 than £7000!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How come it has got the Vortex front splitter and not the Anni one?

Nice car

Tony
Cheers mate, from what i know and have seen on other Anni's it is the Anni front splitter!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its worth £100 quid and a p/x with my 1.4 tornado red mk4

Think i may have passed you a couple of weeks ago, coming through newton flotman!?

Ant
I'll accept £200 + yours [;)] Quite possibly mate, when was it?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah, i do understand peoples points of view and they are a tarted up GTI, but people pay the price for what they want and many of times people of pointed out that if you wanted to make a standard GTI into and Anni then it would cost you the same if not more to do so.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So it's £8400 for a 7 year old anni or a mk5 gti
^^^Thats very helpful isnt it??

It's only worth what someone is prepared to give for it. People will tell you your mad to be looking for that amount of money when you could have a newer car for the same amount. Thats rubbish.

If someone wants an Anni they arent going to compare the price to a Mark V, it'll be another Mark IV. If people think it's to dear you wont be hearing much but there is always people looking for Anni's regardless of cost. It's the quality of the car your paying for. Just my two pence worth....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers JKay. I agree, and as ive said i have had some interest and will listen to sensible offers. No matter what people say they'll always be limited and desired!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I think you'll fetch 7 - 7.5K for it. Looks a tidy car, i do think that prices for the 25th Anni are mental at times but as someone has said, they are only worth what people are willing to pay and luckily for Anni owners they still fetch more than a 'normal' GTI because people want them. However if it was me in the market for a 7 year old petrol motor.. I'd sink it into an Audi S3 225 without a second thought, the Golf Anni maybe a limited model but you don't see many mint S3 8L's on the road neither.

[y]

·
Registered
381 Posts
The S3 is a great car but you have to remember you'll be paying a few extra pound on servicing with the Haldex and tyres will need to be kept in stock if you've got a heavy left foot [;)]

Best of luck with your sale[Y]

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Anniversary is a far better looking car than the standard GTI, so I think they are worth the extra £££, same with the MK V and the edition 30.

People buy standard GTI's then spend hundreds even thousands on bodykits, 18" alloys, lowering kits, smoked headlights, silver interior trim etc to make their cars look better, i.e. like or similar to the Anni.

Tony

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Anniversary is a far better looking car than the standard GTI, so I think they are worth the extra £££, same with the MK V and the edition 30.

People buy standard GTI's then spend hundreds even thousands on bodykits, 18" alloys, lowering kits, smoked headlights, silver interior trim etc to make their cars look better, i.e. like or similar to the Anni.

Tony
But even when they've spent that extra money it'll never be an anni!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts