Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only had the car about 5 weeks and already nearly spent ?1000[:O]
in five weeks?!!!!

unless you are buying stupidly expensive stuff, i'd suggest looking at the products you are buyin, cos i dont think you need THAT much stuff so soon.........do you?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Including my PC and Makita over a grand at least, maybe closer to ?1500?
So with out the PC and Makita, that's about ?1000..... is that for your personal use or for when you do other peoples cars?

I normally bring my stuff back from America.... total of about ?400 on cleaning products

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I keep a spreadsheet for mods and servicing, which now totals almost ?7K for the 5 years I've had the car, but I don't track petrol or cleaning products. I'd say easily over ?500. Once in a while I'll randomly walk into Halfords and come out ?30-50 poorer and with a bag of cleaning stuff. I've got through tons of polish and wax, and sometimes use my car products on other things, too.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My current cleaning inventory is probably worth well into the hundreds!

over the years - I dread to think! The amount of cleaning products I bought for my first car - unbelievable! - BUT - "You can polish a turd!! You just need the right polish!!"

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Including my PC and Makita over a grand at least, maybe closer to ?1500?
So with out the PC and Makita, that's about ?1000..... is that for your personal use or for when you do other peoples cars?

I normally bring my stuff back from America.... total of about ?400 on cleaning products
I've been known to do the odd homer [:p]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts