Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

i just worked out how much my golfs depreciated while i owned them

First golf (90tdi S Reg) lost ?4.50 a day!

Second golf (130pd 02 reg) lost ?5.50 a day !

i dread to think what the audi will lose. i worked this out by dividing how much i lost by how many days i had it. How much did urs lose?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Good question - I bought my Golf Match right at the end of the life of the Mk IV last January. Mk Vs were already in the showroom and I s elected a black 5 door 1.6 that was on order and expected in a few weeks. We agreed ?11,000 on the road which I considered a good deal. A year on delaers still have Match 1.6's older than mine for the same money and more on the forecourts. Privately mine is worth ?10,000 so a grand over 13 months or so is not too bad a loss on a new purchase. Just about to try trading in for an end of line Passat Special Edition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I reckon that I've actually made some money on mine. Paid ?4750 privately in July 2003 for my '99 V reg Golf 1.6se. Good condition according to Parkers is ?5400 and that doesn't take account of the Avus alloys or cd changer I've added [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
377 Posts
Quote: posted by Mark V on 04/03/2005 08:15:18

Good question - I bought my Golf Match right at the end of the life of the Mk IV last January. Mk Vs were already in the showroom and I s elected a black 5 door 1.6 that was on order and expected in a few weeks. We agreed ?11,000 on the road which I considered a good deal. A year on delaers still have Match 1.6's older than mine for the same money and more on the forecourts. Privately mine is worth ?10,000 so a grand over 13 months or so is not too bad a loss on a new purchase. Just about to try trading in for an end of line Passat Special Edition.

I paid ?12,000 for my 1.4 golf match, thing is I had every option possible, climate control, pdc, curtain airbags etc.

When I went into VW a few days ago I asked them to value it for me, and they valued it at ?12,000 so it has not lost anything in 1 year, it has only done 5,000 miles though so that is not to bad? think I will part chop it for a new BMW 3 series hmmm

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Mines gone up in value, unless of course I sell it & find I get less............

Working out what I would get my arms ripped off for it I reckon ?3 a day in depreciation max.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting topic.

Worked out that to date has costing me ?4.21 a day in depreciation alone -

Have spend in the region of ?1870 in servicing maintenance and tax.

so recalculation = ?6.57 a day

Now to add fuel the grand total = ?11.36 per day for the privilege of owning and using my Golf - still cheaper and more reliable than public transport I think.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Assuming I could sell my R for ?18k, and after factoring the service/maintamence costs and a rough fuel bill (sheesh that was a shock!) it works out at just over ?18 a day or ?547.50 a month or ?6570 a year.

Jeffers

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Quote: posted by Jeffers on 04/03/2005 13:42:48

Assuming I could sell my R for ?18k, and after factoring the service/maintamence costs and a rough fuel bill (sheesh that was a shock!) it works out at just over ?18 a day or ?547.50 a month or ?6570 a year.

Jeffers

Doh! Forgot to factor in those costs, don't think I will though, sick at the amount of money I've lost alredy [:O]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I just worked mine out - -?5.34 a day based on Glasses book values. These 'major depreciators' aren't so bad after all!

[:D]

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am one of the lucky ones, I picked up my mk4 almost a year ago at a very good price due to the fact that it needed a full service and had a bad oil leak (oil filter was slightly lose)lol. looked at the guide last week and found that I would make about ?200 on a trade in alone thats taking into account the money I spent on the service and the mileage, but not the extras that I have done, but I do still have most of the standard parts.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts