Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 door black Recaro interior - front and rear seats (no door cards)

Out of a 2001 (51 plate) GTI 1.8T with 25k on the clock.

The car is in a pretty bad way but i'm told the seats are mint, not bent or anything and airbags are fine. They look as though they will clean up quite well.

How much would you pay for them?

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mint cloth Recaros with door cards are worth around ?400, however those could possibly have been rained on (not clear if the windows are in) and it's not clear if the crap on the front seats has caused any damage. I would aim to pay around ?250 to ?300 max, especially considering door cards won't be included.

HTH

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car has been standing like that for 2 weeks and it's quite possible the windows are missing (glass on seats). Even if they have been rained on could they still clean up ok?

Joey it does match my current interior but I want both fronts and rears. I think ?300 is a fair price. Trying to get more photos, will post up when I have them.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by Milkfloat on 18/03/2004 11:21:17

I have never been in a 3 door Golf before, but why is the seat release on the inside of the seat (see top pic) ?

To aid the driver letting people get in the back via the passenger door. Good idea when you think about it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Recaros has always put chair realease on both sides of the chairs to enable the passenger in the back to exit the car easier without have to wait on the driver to pull the release from the door side of the car. I had it the same way on the Recaro leather interior I had in my BMW.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by Sem on 18/03/2004 11:16:37

The car has been standing like that for 2 weeks and it's quite possible the windows are missing (glass on seats). Even if they have been rained on could they still clean up ok?

Joey it does match my current interior but I want both fronts and rears. I think ?300 is a fair price. Trying to get more photos, will post up when I have them.

Cheers guys.

They will need a good clean if they've been rained on and then storing indoors for a while to dry out thoroughly.

I really think you should be aiming to get them for less ?300 you could then maybe get them professionally cleaned with what you save.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone near South London fancy taking a look at them for me?

I will pay you for your time!

Please!!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Just have a close look at them. If they've been rained on you should be able to see where they've got wet. They'll probably be some white marking round the damp patch. If they're in good condition i'd pay ?250 - ?300 for them but you might aswell try and haggle. Let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Well as long as there is one both sides, otherwise that would be crazy. I have never seen that before but it makes sense so the driver can help the dumb people that cannot get in the back of a car. The number of times I had to lean over to pull the lever because people could not work out how to do it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey ADi, I see you're in North London, do you fancy taking a look at them for me?

Sorry but if you dont ask, you don't get!

·
Registered
22 Posts
you could have mine for ?375. black/grey cloth recaros. out of my 2000 gti 3 door. i'll need to secure my leather first though, i've got one in the wings i just need a buyer for mine first

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
?350 is my max budget mate and I would need to see some pics. How many miles has your car covered? Do you smoke?

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Quote: posted by Sem on 18/03/2004 11:49:20

Hey ADi, I see you're in North London, do you fancy taking a look at them for me?

Sorry but if you dont ask, you don't get!

LMAO. A norf Londoner going sarf of the river. No chance!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts