Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps, so i only got the one key with my mk4 golf,

i need a spare key and the best price ive had so far is £120 which includes everything like the fob and cutting the key etc

is there anywhere cheaper or is that a good price?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
buy a blank key blade, eBay £2.99. get a remote with the same part number and frequency as current one £15-20 ish

Get key blade cut, £20 i paid an mobile auto locksmith then get someone to code it to the car for you locally from this forum. fv1200 done mine for me.

Ask the person coding the key if they can supply the glass immo pill or if you need to get one. around £6 i think.

Should then have a key for well under £100

·
Registered
64 Posts
buy a blank key blade, eBay £2.99. get a remote with the same part number and frequency as current one £15-20 ish

Get key blade cut, £20 i paid an mobile auto locksmith then get someone to code it to the car for you locally from this forum. fv1200 done mine for me.

Ask the person coding the key if they can supply the glass immo pill or if you need to get one. around £6 i think.

i'll check out ebay

Where about are you located,I can code the key for you
based in birmingham

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

you got a link to the ebay key blade?

·
Dexter
1,230 Posts
I paid £40 for a key cut and supplied with a fresh immo pill chip, and a brand new remote body...

Then I coded in the key and the remote :)

£40 all in! If you cant program it yourself I'm sure someone here can!

Reactions: heihachi

·
Registered
64 Posts
I paid £40 for a key cut and supplied with a fresh immo pill chip, and a brand new remote body...

Then I coded in the key and the remote :)

£40 all in! If you cant program it yourself I'm sure someone here can!
cant go wrong for £40

If it helps you out at all i have a blank key in my draw PM me your address i'll put a stamp on it Monday.

It's left over from a new shell off Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CTZO53G/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

I used the shell have the blank.
nice one PM sent

·
Registered
82 Posts
no worries mate i grab it out my desk draw monday and stick it in a jiffy.

It only the top half though with the blank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the key fob, blade, electronics and transponder pill for like 12£ on AliExpress, more than a year with it and still perfect, so no fears of Chinese crap. Then you just need a key cutter to do the blank blade, and easy to code it with vcds/vagcom. Good luck!

Sent from my Le X820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
And yes, the boot button works. You press it, only the boot unlocks, the moment u close it it locks automatically. Same with the alarm button, I press it and starts the alarm, perfect when someone is leaning on the car ;) and btw, here is the link for the whole set (key, fob, electronics and pill) Replacement Remote key Keyless Entry Fob 3 Button 433.92MHZ 4D0 837 231 K 4D0837231K For AUDI A6 TT Old Models WIth ID48 Chip
http://s.aliexpress.com/be6vMBnM

Sent from my Le X820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Posted the blank :)

hang on a minute if i buy a three button key and had it programmed i'd be able to pop the boot ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts