Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eeek, just been checking my online banking. Realised just how much I'm spending on fuel.

Here we go!

24 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 48.73
23 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 29.03
20 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 22.66
16 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 36.61
12 JAN MAE BP FRIENDS S/STN IVYBRIDGE 19.69
08 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 42.89
03 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 34.00

I am well and truly shocked!!! [:|]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of it's diesel, I think only one fill up though! Shocked because I thought I spent about ?100 a month. It's not the end of the month yet either!

Given, there is a couple of bottles of coke in there somewhere, but dayum!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Here we go!

24 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 48.73
23 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 29.03
20 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 22.66
16 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 36.61
12 JAN MAE BP FRIENDS S/STN IVYBRIDGE 19.69
08 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 42.89
03 JAN MAE HARBOURNE FILLING STATION 34.00
Thats some serious drink problem you got there......and why the random amounts?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Random amounts as I tend to fill up as I go past if it's under half way, as from there, it does drop pretty quickly, or seems to. I have about 100 miles left.

Do about 1300 miles a month. Probably done 1500 this month though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
i live within 5 min walk to work, so don't have to commute which saves ???

Also i live close to the Irish Border and fill up down there. Was down last night and diesel was a euro a litre! Best i have ever seen it and with there being a good exchange rate i was even better off! Think i was getting it at 67/68 a litre!

Couldn't complain about that!

Noel

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Noel, i did the same with the Golf, but didn't really fancy doing it with the Bora as i always think the diesel is not as good, where do you go? We usually go to Moan's garage outside Keady, the one on the where you have to drive up a small incline

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
?280 - ?300 a month in the Kangoo, thank god the company picks up the tab..... [:D]

Was around ?120 a month with the MKV GTI as Emma uses the car for work in the week and i play out at the weekends..

Now it's no more than ?60 a month with the A3 and we do more miles now due in part to the A3's better economy and cutting down on the van usage a little

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
When I had my R I used to fill up every other day - ?50 of optimax a time. Fortunately I used to work abroad for half the year. Still managed to put ?5800 on my fuel card that I had.

Now with my A3 I put about ?55-60 a week in fuel in it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
i have heard about some dodgy places in ROI!!! Just stick to reputable stations! I would normally go into dundalk, no real preference to be honest, im allways in newry every other weekend getting bits and pieces so its only a 10 min drive at most!

Nice to see a semi local person on here lol

love your motor! looks well!

Noel

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Thats a lot..well you have got an R!

I probably spend about a tenner a week, but thats only because i only drive it lectures and small journeys which isnt very often [:)]

But in all seriousness, petrol mk4s are soo thirsty...wouldnt mind if mine had some poke but it doesnt of course, so i get the worst of both worlds[:(]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
A little more than that [:S]?But I am doing alot of miles at the moment.

Average 30 MPG on the motorway so happy with that.?

Only when thrashed around town does it drop to silly figures

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
?150/200 a month I would guess in the TDI.

Sometimes double that, depends where im going, ive spent over ?100 in Diesel in a weekend messing around all over the UK recently though.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Used to be ?100 a week in the SEAT, but cutting back on driving has seen that fall to ?50 a lot of weeks. Company pay for fuel so I pay 75% of 40% of the weekly amount (in tax) which is around ?15.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i spend appx ?130 PER MONTH on the ibiza jalopy. I do appx 330 miles per week. Will be even better when i get the A3, free diesel thru work!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts