Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to the dealership to get some screenwash and was charged ?2.46 including VAT... i am sure last time i went there it cost more than that ie over 3quid... so what are you guys paying for the VAG Screenwash??

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I bought some recently Chris, defo less than ?3.  I'd never bought the VW stuff before so don't know if was any cheaper in the past.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Same for me, ?2.40ish

I'm sure it has gone up though! Remember it being one pound something a while ago...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Just under 3Quid. The bottle says it will last a year - I don't see how I can make it last that long???? Got no issues with how it works though. I bought 3 that should last me a while (and also some oil while I was there).

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I bought a large bottle and a sump plug on saturday morning and it came to exactly three quid.  Well, that was after my mate fiddled with the computer to get it to knock of the two pence over. sometimes I get it ex vat too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Whats the difference with the VW screen wash?? against standard screen wash you can buy??

Thanks Sat
Dealers claim you need to use VAG stuff or risk invalidating warranty if 'jets' block, probably nonsense to get you to buy their product, Oh and I usually pay about ?3 so that was a good price [:)]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just been to the dealership to get some screenwash and was charged ?2.46 including VAT... i am sure last time i went there it cost more than that ie over 3quid... so what are you guys paying for the VAG Screenwash??
Got some last week, 2.46ukp for 500ml, I'm sure I paid 2.99ukp for a litre a few years ago, worst bit was, the stealers wouldn't take adebit card for under 5quid had no cash so had to get 3 bottles,when I got home, discovered I still had some left over from when I owned myMK4

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Whats the difference with the VW screen wash?? against standard screen wash you can buy??

Thanks Sat
Dealers claim you need to use VAG stuff or risk invalidating warranty if 'jets' block, probably nonsense to get you to buy their product, Oh and I usually pay about ?3 so that was a good price [:)]
Only the 'fan' jet type as fitted to the Golf V. I use softened water to be doubly sure the jets dont block. The VW fluid does have a distictive aroma so I guess if you bring the car in with blocked jets and that lemmony smell is not coming from the washer fluid bottle you are in trouble!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
?2.40-ish here as well. Cheaper than Halfords' own brand. JNext time I'll just buy a 10-pack of the stuff, it smells great and works nicely for cleaning lots of things.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Thanks Sat
Good question and I have no idea[:D] Must be the 'ingredients' content that make them different. I'm not too bother if I don't buy from VW (does smell nice though)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh my God this must be the most pathetic thread ever. All of you should hang your heads in shame.
Thanks for that...

the thread was posted to see if VWDealers regualry change the price of the stuff.. which i am sure my local one does!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts