Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in London and I have just renewed my insurance for another year.

I have just paid ?904.00 for a years insurance with Adrian Flux with everything declared (ie Remap and engine mods)

I am 26 years old will 8 years no claims bonus. I think that I am paying way to much.

I did get a quote on a standard Golf GTI with Norwich Union and they came back with ?940 with no mods (what a joke)

How much does everyone else pay and who would you recommend?

Also why does insurance prices seem to go up every year. I thought experience brought lower premiums.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I pay ?690 with Admiral 27 years old this is my first car which I have owned and insured, i've always used and been insured on Dads car or more recent, Company cars!

Oh and I'm in Gloucestershire!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm with Bell Direct, 24 with 6 years NCB and 3 pints (SP50) living in Oxfordshire, I currently pay just over ?1000 FC.

looking at quotes I have been getting recently I should hopefully be paying around ?850 for next years insurance!

Jeffers

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have just changed insurance company on my standard 130TDI from Admiral where i was paying about ?750 a year to Bell Direct, who quoted ?413. But i am moving addresses at the moment so the Admiral quote was for South East London (notoriously high car crime) and Bell were quoting for me living in Kent which seems to have less crime, as my household insurance has also come down considerably. In my experience when you start talking to insurers about engine mods and living in London their quotes are astronomically high, thats why i have always been put off doing any.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I pay ~?250 for Golf mkV 1.6FSi SE standard except a few factory mods.

That is fully comp protected NCB for me & the missus including business use. Excess = ?100. I'm 38 & my wife is 34. Car kept on driveway at night.

This is with Directline who are always the cheapest for me and have been for 10 years.

My workmate (50) has a Civic type-R and his insurance is only ?370 with Directline.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I pay about ?750 for fully comp insurance with business use on my V6 4Mo. I'm 26 and have only 1 yr's NCB (thanks to some theiving chav that nicked my stereo from my Audi Coupe a coupla years ago).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I pay ?340 fully comp and mod 18" wheels, live south of Glasgow, try bell direct, other companies were wanting double the money.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
?700 with Adrian Flux - I've got a modded anni TDi, 6 years ncb (protected) and a clean license, I'm also 29.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
?860 with Liverpool Victoria for myself (31) and the missus (30). I have 6 points (CD10) and 7 years protected NCD for my modded GTI 180.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
?690 - 26 years old, 8 years NCB, 2 named drivers, parked on driveway, 3 points (SP30), Protected No Claims, Worcester postcode, 11k miles per year.

That's with Elephant[^]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
?1280 - 23yrs old, 3 years NCB, myself only, 3 points (SP30), lowest grade postocode you can get, average mileage.

Direct Line.

·
Registered
238 Posts
?1000 / 28yrs / full protected NCD / 10k per year / GF, - but I did have 9 bonus points on my licence at renewal (a misunderstanding over the speed limit that applied, your honour). still, I have had cheaper quotes so I am defo changing.

Axa seemed quite good but won't touch mods. Tesco came out best at about ?800 but I have heard they are not so good when it comes to a claim...

·
Registered
798 Posts
?511 - 32yrs old, 10 years ncb(touch wood), protected bonus and legal protection, 3points, 15k miles pa with business class 1

ESURE.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i pay 690 with norwich union payed 1000 last year and had a bump and it got cheaper this year?? 23 with 3 years no claims( took a year off me for the

bump)

·
Registered
12 Posts
?460 fully comp full NCB with the other half on it i'm 28 he's 31. No points but one accident a couple of years ago (Did you know if you take your second car to Bell Direct they match the no claims bonus for the first car to the second car!!!? left the husband but still kept the full NCB!!![:D][:D][:D]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts