Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What psi is stock & what can i expect from a r tech remap, only ask as just got a tims boost gauge that goes to 1 bar, but looked more quality then a cheap 2 bar one.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
14.5psi to a bar then, is a stage 1 re map what most have and what r tech do? whats the price difference between 1-2 & 3 also would injectors have to be changed for stage 2 & 3 maps. Looking to get mine re mapped early next year from r tech what is everyone reccomendations as its a little more complex the i first thought. thanks D

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
Iirc R-tech do stage1,stage1.5 and stage2 maps all of them use the std injectors without any issues,it's only when you move onto hybrid/bigger turbo's that you need to look into the fueling system.

If you have upgraded air intake and exhaust/downpipe fitted go straight for stage2,if your running stock downpipe etc..... stage1 will be plenty to put a big smile on your face.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
there is only stage 1 and 2 maps stage 3 is usually a custom setup for big turbo applications and no need to change injectors. from you sig i take it you have an agu with k03 turbo, and im pretty sure those turbos max out at 200hp mate.

stage 1. uprated dv,uprated air filter.

stage 2. as above + TIP, turbo back exhaust, FMIC

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i should just get a stage 1 then as all i have is my k&n induction kit, baileys re-circ on way, and stock down pipe & cat with big bore cat back system. When my turbo gives up i plan to upgrade to ko3s would going from a stage 1 to a stage 2 after replacing turbo cost as much as the initial re-map. Whats TIP & FMIC [paperbag] SORRY

·
Registered
380 Posts
TIP = turbo intake pipe - hose from airbox / air filter to turbo
FMIC = front mount intercooler

most will upgrade the map to stage 2 spec at reduced cost.

going off quotes stage 1 on a k03 is around 180-190 and stage 2 around 200.

get a stage 1 now then go stage 2 with a k03s and turboback exhaust, intercooler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts