Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As said in the title. Was just trying to find out how many people have the 180 BHP versions (not including anni's. flash gits[;)]) of the GTi?

·
Registered
465 Posts
mine is yeah

still got to get it rolling roaded soon. when i bought it the advert said 180bhp so i presume it is lol

·
Registered
737 Posts
I do as well; I bet there aren't many owners as for some reason this is quite a rare model. Maybe due to the fact that it was only offered from October 2002 to Feb 2004; when I was looking for one in January there were only 4 for sale throughout the whole VW dealer network.

·
Registered
465 Posts
the girl i bought mine of swore blind mine was 180 model.but how else can i tell?

getting it rolling roaded in a month so will see from that.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
the girl i bought mine of swore blind mine was 180 model.but how else can i tell?

Has it got a 6speed gearbox? If so its a 180bhp model, if it only has 5speed then its a 150bhp model.
180's also have 312mm front brakes as standard.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Is the suspension of the 180 GTi uprated compared to the 150 1.8T?? I'm guessing it has to be. I test drove a Leon Cupra 180 and its a lot stiffer than my TDi 150

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Has it got a 6speed gearbox? If so its a 180bhp model, if it only has 5speed then its a 150bhp model.
180's also have 312mm front brakes as standard.
Engine code will be AUQ if it's 180.

·
Registered
465 Posts
bought mine thinking it was the 180 pft!

nothing i can do about it now is there?

could give her hassle is that worth it?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bought mine thinking it was the 180 pft!

nothing i can do about it now is there?

could give her hassle is that worth it?
Don't suppose there's much you can do about it now! Would quite like to drive a 150 as i don't know what like they are compared to mine!

·
Registered
465 Posts
mines got AUM 047671 on log book.does that give u any idea what model mine is?

been trying all day to find out if mines 150 or 180 lol.

so im just assuming mines the 150 now no one seems to know. strange :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
My friend owns a 180 but has a 5 speed box, are you sure they only came with 6 speed or has he been had, he did buy this brand new from VW.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My friend owns a 180 but has a 5 speed box, are you sure they only came with 6 speed or has he been had, he did buy this brand new from VW.
Im not aware of any 180's having a 5 speed box, only ever 6 speed.
Have a look at the tag on the left hand side of his block or the sticker in the boost/service manual, should state AUQ if its a 180 model.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
cheers mate :)

i can stop messing about trying to find out now.

car was advertised as gti 180!

some people have a cheek

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/35702.htm

when i get it revo'd it will be better tho ;)
Thats not good at all, you've missed out on a closer ratio 6 speed gearbox, 312mm brakes and improved suspension. All these are shared between the Anniversary and 180bhp models.
Have you contacted the seller regarding this yet?

The good news is that an AUM (150) and AUQ (180) remap to the same figures anyway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts