Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok

How many of you have the roof spoiler with the CUT-OUT?????

And how many have the rear roof spoiler without the CUT-OUT?????

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason i ask is

i have an OEM spoiler with VW part number made by a diffrent company but with the VW logo on it

I got this from a DUB dealer in germany and was only about 60-70 quid if i rember corect

and it does not have the cutout

I have noticed loads on here with the cutout and wonderd why?

i know it is because of the aerial but my spoiler hardly touches it [:^)]

Here is a rather sh1t pic of it but you can see it quit well

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
VW really screwed up when they positioned the aerial on the MK4 Golf...another inch forward and it would never have fouled the spoiler.

I had the spoiler with cutout on my old Golf but never liked it, it looked like a bit had been damaged in the middle!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TRUE lol

The whoal time i lived in Germany i had never seen a spoiler on a golf with the cutout

it touches my spoiler and moves the thicker part anout 5 mm and seems ok

i will get the part number in the morning and post it up if anyone wants one so you dont have to get a broken one LOL

the firm who makes this one i think is called AUTOTEC

Andy

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
They would have needed to redesign the roof to move the aerial forward,or at the very least the part that gives you access to the nut at the bottom of it,I'd guess it was considered easier to make a spoiler with a cutout in it.

Chris.

·
Registered
703 Posts
some earlier VW Golf dealer/factory fitted spoilers didn't have the cut out...

Then owners complained of the ariel bending and the spoiler being scratched, so they released the notched spoiler.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
The cut out is a V6 4MO spoiler isn't it? Whereas the non-cut out is an Anniversary one. Though I could be wrong.

I have the Anni one. Took me a long time to decide but eventually thought the one without the cut out complimented the lines of the car better. All doen to choice though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I need to get 1 for my motor but dont know which 1 to go for , cut or ..... no cut out [*-)]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I had the spoiler with cutout on my old Golf but never liked it, it looked like a bit had been damaged in the middle!
My ride had a cut out spolier fitted when I bought it and to be honest it looked out of place, I never likes it either.

I had it removed and now run spoilerless which IMO gives the Golf a clean uncluttered look. If I was to fit a spoiler it would be an anni one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you want to add a roof spoiler surely the only sensible option is the R32 one?

I?have?one?on?mine?and?every?time?i?drive?past?a?GTI?spoiler?i?CANNOT?believe?how?much?better?the?R?one?looks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've got a cut-out on mine. There's A v6 4mo round the corner ill nip round and see if he's got a cut-out or not ill post back up in abit [Y]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts