Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, newby here, just wondering how many of you have v6 4 motions and what do you think of yours?

i've got a 2000 x reg one and i love it! its metalic black, lowered with hartge style 18" alloys. its also got an oteinger front grill and the ally R32 interiour parts instead of the wood.

i'll be posting some pics soon.

i think its been chipped too, but dont know how to tell?

i'm going to take it to santa pod on a run what you brung day, does anyone know what i should be running? i reckon 15.5 ish

cheers guys

Curly

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
There's at least five or six regulars.. nosaj, andymac, a8wpg, markreading, adinuffvalves, all have v6 4mo's. Love the sound of those with a milltek. Sounds wonderfuel [:D] Sure they'll be along soon to comment.

Car sounds nice too, got any pics ? Interested to see these Hartge style 18's [:)]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to hear that i'm not the only one on here with a 4motion! been on us forums and 99% of them have 1.8t gti's and noone has 4motions! i'll get some photo's of my car up soon matey, i'll try and find some pics on the net of my wheels and post up the links. i love the sound of my standard exhaust, but was lookin at the oteinger rear box, but dont want it to be all boomy.

i had a mate with an audi a4 1.8t sport quattro and he had a full turbo back miltek exhaust with high flow sports cats etc, that sounded great, but at 70-80 mph it was boomy as hell in the car. i dont want that!

Curly

·
Registered
566 Posts
"been on us forums and 99% of them have 1.8t gti's and noone has 4motions"

That's because 4-Motions were never sold in the US. They got the FWD 2.8 V6 model and of course the AWD R32.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi, I've also got a 4mo, had it about 7 months and absolutely love it. Haven't done anything to the engine yet, I'm trying to put my spare cash into sorting out the handling - so far have replaced the 16"s with 18"s, have a front R32 arb waiting to go on and that will be joined with a rear when I can find one. Will then look at springs/shocks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got a 2001 4motion that I bought new.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationhip with it. I love it, but it's unfortunately got a growing list of problems that are going to cost me an arm and a leg iminently. All the problems are common and well documented on this site (fans, coilpack, lambda sensor) and I 'may' be able to get something by way of 'good will' from the stealers - but we will see...

I was probaly one of the first to get the milltek and love it. Also had an Amd remap that I was a bit disapointed with, but it defenitely gained a bit of go.

Best mods were probably Milltek nad 18's with Goodyear F1's.

Welcome to the club

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have had my 4motion golf about 2 years, done 50k miles in that time, had a coil spring snap (good excuse to lower it) changed the wheels (although now knackered and need 19's) other than that std, will be getting amd remap as i live in bicester so easy to take it back if theres a problem, changed the disks and pads all round to grooved (more for looks didnt improve braking)

mine has the recaro leather (essential the dealer told me) as could of bought a 1 yr newer one for ?1000 less without leather

happy v6 motoring, say hi to your garage assistant as u'll see him/her alot!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
well i only had mine about 5 weeks dude and iam lovin every min already done 3000miles but the mpg sucks other than that its brill .Only mods i have so far are stubby, 18" RS6 and aero wipers

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi,welcome to the site.I run a 53plate 4mo.Found it at my local stealers(Euro-Canterbury)when it was about 8months old with 10k on the clock.Black leather,5 door 16"brands hatch alloys.When i work out how its done i will post some pics!

I have changed the wheels for R32 replicas&gone for engine remap at AmD.I passed on the milltek exhaust but,never say never!To date i am really pleased with the results.The remap gives me 230bhp although she had 212bhp standard.It makes her much more driver friendly through the mid gear range.Its something i would recommend.The wheels make for a much better ride with alot extra grip.

All in all a very good car thats more than capable in all weather conditions(I live on the North Kent Downs).It has been a very good replacement for my Silver Wplate V5 Golf...

cheers,

chris...

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Hi and welcome, i have a 4motion too, all the usual leather recaros etc

Mods wise I have Lowered it with FK Konigsports fitted R32 anti roll
bars, R32 aluminium interior parts, 17 inch evolo tyres and Powerflex
Bushes.

Engine wise I have Advanced the timing, run it on super fuel and
smoothed the air box and fitted a smooth intake, it now makes the same
power as a standard TT.

(As confirmed by the recent Rolling Road day at Awesome,)

PS mY car is the one on the rollers on forums front page

and heres the link to awesomes RR day http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/rr.ukmkiv_14.01.06.html

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi there, Ive just parted company with my V5 bora and hopefully pick up my replacement V6 bora at the end of the month. Its an oceanic green one with grey leather recaro,s , zenons and freshly replaced fans(thanks to andymac, for infoming us all of what to look for). Will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome

I'm on my second 4 mo my first one had leather recaros and 18" RS4s but 3 days after fitting them some silly tart lost control of her car (on a long straight) and went straight in to me and bent the car in half. Good news for everyone with a mk 4 is that even at 70 nothing bent in the driving compartment. It took me over a year to find the 4mo I have now, couldn't find leather recaros so had to settle for the leather VW seats wich are not as good.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi all again ,

Wow what a great response , Thanks to all who replied .....

a bit more info .. Silver 4Motion 35,000 miles .. Heated leather Recaro's , Cruise control , Air con , ESP , Sat Nav ...

Hope to post some pics soon ( When i get the hang of it !! )

Only problem is the FANS !! seen how to fix on the 'how to' page ,

have got all the parts to do it , just need some time now , think a days holiday from work is imminent LOL , .....

Well there are priorities [;)] Car first [H]

Thanks to BIGAL for the infor and pics on the How To Page

One last thing to Chris ( Locoman ) how much did your Re-Map cost ?

Cheers All .... Kev .

·
Registered
365 Posts
another one here, 18" RS4s Diamond Cuts, Silverline Coilovers on order from GB (thanks Baz), and a few other mods, remap sometime, still happy with standard power.

Fans and coils replaced this month, (under warranty thank goodness)[au]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi guys, thanks for all your replies! its good to see that there are quite a few 4mo-fo owners on here! i read that they didn't do the 4motion in the states? why the hell not? are they mad or something!!?? i see that quite a few of you had AmD remaps, do AmD do the 'one touch' remap with the black box of tricks so you can plug it in and revert back to stock if you want? my mate with the audi 1.8t had a revo remap with this box thing and it was great. mind you he had a turbo and there's lots more power to be had from a remap if you have one! i dont think a remap on a N/A engine really does much, apart from iron out the floors and increase the rev limiter..

the guy i bought my 4mo-fo from thought the guy that had it before him had chipped it, but wasn't 100% sure. i was told that i could rev it up till it hit the limiter in 2nd or 3rd and see what it is and tell if its been chipped that way. but isn't there a more engine friendly way to tell?

the v6 4motion is supposed to kick out 204 bhp and 199lbft of torque standard, but what would a remap give me?

cheers,

Curly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Add me to your list. Had the 4Motion for about 6 months. Silver (not my choice!) 5 Door, imported directly from Germany, Sat Nav, Leather Recaros, Winter Pack etc... ONly missing Xenons and Cruise.

Love the car, have R32 bars on order, does anyone know when the rears will arrive?

Having a right pain in the ar#@ with the fans as they were replaced just 27 months ago by a dealer (? 429) and have failed again!! VW customer services saud sorry, wont help - I have had new/nearly new VW's for over 15 years and they wont even supply the parts at a discount! Thats (?450 ibc labour!)

Rant Over - Enjoy your 4Motions.

Martin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts