Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what other 1.8t(AGU) drivers were getting from a full tank because at the moment however i drive i get the maximum 200 miles but this doesn't include motorway driving.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi mate, my engine is the same as yours and i get between 300-330 miles to a tank, so you either do lots of short journey's, or you have a problem with your engine. Are you currently having any problems with your car?

·
Registered
811 Posts
WOW thats low, i used to get 250-270 on my AGU and that was with a ko3S running a lot of boost. Before that i would typically get about 320.

Have you found 3rd gear yet? [;)]

·
Registered
920 Posts
Quote: posted by Tim Sims on 01/04/2005 12:14:42

WOW thats low, i used to get 250-270 on my AGU and that was with a ko3S running a lot of boost. Before that i would typically get about 320.

Have you found 3rd gear yet? [;)]

[:D] very good [:D]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Think I've said this loads of times, but I'm only getting 240 miles to a tank, this was the same before and after the remap. It doesn't include any motorway miles, but if I do go down south for example sitting at 70 with the cruise on, I only get about 300 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was having a look around the engine and i lifted up the engine cover and there was a plug just before the MAF which had the wire snapped off. I need to find out exactly what it is and get it replaced, Any ideas ?

·
Registered
476 Posts
That wire connects to discombubulator to the fuel economy detection sensor. [:D][:D][:(]

Nah, seriously, I dunno mate, but I get about 320ish in my 2.0L.

Cheers,

Craig.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by leetdi22 on 01/04/2005 12:30:35

jace what do you get to a tank full [:D]

Driving miss daisy 600

Driving myself 520

·
Registered
299 Posts
i get around 250 - 270 not driving on the motorways just every day driving around. ive just started using optimax also im on my 3rd tank full

·
Registered
61 Posts
i got bout 130 that was driving down to london, anround london for the day then back again.

thats probably the best i've had.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
330. But my car is heavier than standard. I don't generally race it around too much, only when I have some noob behind me or feeling like a bit of a rally.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow! I thought the R32 was bad, but I'm not far off some of those figures!

Normal 'every day' driving I get between 270 and 300 miles to a tank. With motorway driving I get around 350 to a tank.

Jeffers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote: posted by ONeill on 01/04/2005 14:28:18

i got bout 130 that was driving down to london, anround london for the day then back again.

thats probably the best i've had.

My Bad!!!! I Meant 330[!]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If I drive sensibly and fill to the brim and nearly run out, I'm supposed to be able to get 800 miles plus out of my S60 [8D]

Z4 = 250 tops [:(!]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts