Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a query? I used to get 60 from my old car and the golf doubles that at times...

Just a note as an average, I know we have cars from the R32, petrol turbos to the lovely TDi...

·
Registered
131 Posts
140-149 all motorway 70mph average ..good times of the day and night with no traffic to hinder..A1 M25 M4 ..yes folks it can be done at the right times of the day

·
Registered
654 Posts
?45 gives me 600 miles so just under 150 miles!

But if oil prices continue to rise, I can see this dropping [:(]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I put a tenner of Super Unleaded in recently when I couldn't find any BP Ultimate in the city and I'd driven about 15 miles before the petrol light came on again!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Im not sure, I know I get 250 before the tank reads 3/4full, thats when I've 'vented' it at filling, it takes 50quid to fill when venting, so I guess I'd get about 150miles[:D]out a tenner

DIESEL POWER !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Normally I get around 70-75ish, but thats driving like miss daisy with one eye on road other on mpg'o'meter. [:D]

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by budgie on 04/10/2004 09:54:19

140-149 all motorway 70mph average ..good times of the day and night with no traffic to hinder..A1 M25 M4 ..yes folks it can be done at the right times of the day

your right.. i just done middlesbrough - guilford, and guilford - middlesbrough today, being a total of just short of 600 miles.. I used about ?42 of fuel, being an average of 150 ish miles to ?10... now this is from motorway driving, but any other time i imagine i return 120 - 130..., but even due to high fuel prices, the tdi still comes off in favour... god bless my golf[:D]

also... this on the computer read 58mpg, over 600 miles, which is good, but ive had 71.1mpg over 3 miles.. does that count haha?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I get about 170-180 at the moment. I'm sunday driving 7 days a week though to keep costs down!! Diesels are the best for economy!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.