Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the APR98 programme on my AGU - can't remember how many miles it had on it when the chip was fitted, but it now has 108k on it and no problems (not ones associated with the APR anyway[;)])

·
Registered
557 Posts
APR95 i think. bought it second hand, had it soldered in by another popular chip tuner and it is the dogs doodars. HOWEVER My tyres, suspension and brakes HATE IT!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Not had APR (I will not rant on about it but had more than my fair share of issues. I understand the best place for it though is AwesomeGTI rather than the "independents")

AMD for me

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Have had APR for over two years now no problems love the performance and being able to switch via the cruise control stalk.

Just need there uprated turbo kit at a reasonable price and I will be happy.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I had APR 95+98 on my Anni, and it immediatly caused problems.

Lifting off the throttle gently would cause the car to judder/shake.

Supplying dealer (fontain Audi) took a look at it, and blamed the engine mounts, but yet did not agree to putting the car up on ramps for an inspection - to atleast show me..

APR sent me a new VW DV, but that made no difference.

In the end I got absolutely no where with either of them. They took my money, and that was that.

Not long after, they guys I was dealing with at APR left and set up rival company REVO..

I was left with a very bitter taste from that, so that is why I waited and researched heavily before deciding to go AMD to chip my R32

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
"Not long after, they guys I was dealing with at APR left and set up rival company REVO"

Dont open that can of worms lol!

PS for other readers who arent in the know, note APR Europe were staffed by the team that is now known as Revo, we now run APR Europe alongside APR USA.

jblack - we wonder if we will ever see this kit to be honest!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I was of the understanding that the kit had been finalised why is there a delay ?

I would imagine that it is just a case of re-fabricating downpipe's and turbo gaskets as you are already selling the FMIC that they recommend.

Do they feel that there is no market for it ?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Stage3 kit, thats another topic really lol! I'm unsure of all the facts why tbh, but i just cant see it happening! Do they feel that there is no market for it ? - i think that could be an issue also..

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I tell you what if they sell it at the price you pay for it in the states then they would be selling them like hot cakes.

$3995 bad exchange rate = ?2500 for around 300bhp cant be bad ????

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Not if you have a word in the ear of my friendly US airforce base contact or a contact I have who flys for exel trans-atlantic haulage.

Wink wink nudge nudge.

Anyway still at that price it would be competitive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still seems alot of money for not alot of gains!!

So Jase you never got your money back or anything?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just doesn't seem to be that much. Considering what you can do with stand alone etc.. Also in doing Turbo, Map and injectors you can get a good reliable 300bhp.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts