Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from VEDHEADS poll concerning which engine variant of MK4's you drive, whats the ratio of members with 3/5 doors & even estates .[:)]

I wont include Boras as there's already a poll going on about Golf/Bora numbers & I dont want repeat whats already been done.[:)]

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oooooops - regarding the other topic and my humorous (!) reply [:eek:)].

If I'd read on a little bit before trying to be clever I would not have had to give myself another black eye [B)][B)][B)]

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
My 2 previous GTis were 5 door but the current is 3 door and I prefer it. Surely its similar to 1.8t Vs TDi arguements, it just depends on what your needs are? Not wanting to contradict :) I can't see how a 5 door could look more sporty than a 3 door (the 3 door having a smoother body shape IMO)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
5 for me. Prefer the look, and the convenience

Don't prefer prices of mods being bumped up though [}:)] (tints, trim, etc)

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by franko180 on 15/11/2004 13:31:33

I can't see how a 5 door could look more sporty than a 3 door (the 3 door having a smoother body shape IMO)

I totaly agree, you dont see a 5 door 911 do you (Yes they did make a couple or prototypes before any smart alec puts a pic up[B)])

I think the rear arch buldge on a 3dr looks so much more agressive than the 5dr, even though its the same, less clutter such as door handles to spoil the lines.

3DR just look so much smoother, although if I had kids I would have a 5dr, but I dont so thats another reason why 3dr's rule.[:D]

·
Registered
850 Posts
Quote: posted by vedhead on 15/11/2004 19:00:49

No sagging doors for me! Best looking 5 door hatch going, i'd say!

i agree, along with the leon

focus, a3, astra 5drs doesn't look good at all..

·
Registered
274 Posts
We got a 3 dr and 5 dr GTI ,,my girlfriends is the 3 dr ,,,and I always had 3dr cars in past ,,but,,,,I have changed my mind ,, I was looking for 3 dr for myself ,,but the 5 dr sits differnt at back,,it slightly lower than my gf's 3 dr ,,I have got used to it now and prefer it ,, It looks better[:)]

Best looking 5dr car there is [:D]

Plus no rattle or smog [;)] Pure Optimax petrol,, with a hint of Revo [:p]

[;)][:D][;)]

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
5 doors all the way! With the hatch at the back, you've got a versatile car that goes like a rocket.

Also, I don't know how reliable front seats are on a 3 door - if you always let people into the back, does the back part need winding up all the time?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts