Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as it says above,really. Just wondering how many of us own V6 4 motion Golfs/Bora's. I know a couple of members have parted company with their cars recently,how many do we have left,standard or modified? Cheers guys,Paul.[H]

·
Registered
437 Posts
One more here.

Black, black recaros. For the money I could sell it for there isn't
another car I'd want as an daily driver, save an E36 M3 for which
insurances is silly.

Damn car's worthless now so plan to keep it for a couple of more years - unless of course get 6 numbers on the old lottery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a jazz blue golf v6 4motion, 30k miles on the clock and standard
atm. planned mods are a new supspention for lowering and better
handling along with r32 ARB's. anni sideskirts, anni front valance
& anni rear roof spoiler. the original v6 rear valance will stay on
and be color coded.

when my pockets fill up again I'll bee looking into some r32 or audi TT
brakes and hopefully 18" OZ supertourismo GT (I have 16" oz
supertourismo fitted atm).

I'll be sending in some pics soon as I got the anni kit sorted out and have the car lowered a bit.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats 3 of us then,gadget69...what have you got planned for the Bora?  Vee,wouldnt say an X reg 4mo with recaro's was worthless,unless its really high miles/tatty? Paul.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[<:eek:)] Here is another to join the the party.......Milltek,R32 arbs and mats [;)] powerflex dogbone,m3 crystals on the rear KnN panel filter and 30k on the clock,17 santa's

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a diamond black 4mo i've added R32 ali trim and gear knob, eibach springs and koni dampers and an ipod in the glovebox. All that's left is a sub for the standard system and maybe change the ARB.

But I am off to the Frankfurt Motor Show to look at the new R32 in the flesh based on that visit depends what happens next. If I like the new one I will get my name on the list if not I'll get a MKIV R32.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cherry red 2002 year 4Mo 5 door, mods so far TT pedals, aero rear wiper (easy jobs 1st), planned, koni sport suspension and lowered springs, full colour coded front and rear valence, R32s f&r anti roll bars from next group buy, 18" wheels as yet undecided on what kind, oh and a remap too, its going to be an expensive time.

·
Registered
570 Posts
<<<Waves hand in the air>>> can i join the party please [:D]

Golf 03' spec 4Motion. Tan Recaros, winter pack, Santa Monicas plus sports suspension,

Mods are as follows though - AmD remap, SatNav, CC, W8 light, R32 steering wheel & pedals, Bora vents, ful OEM R32 bodykit including R32 Miltek exhaust, and finally R32 ARB's.

Whats next I hear you ask - well nothing I think I want unless you know someone getting rid of some very good condition R32 brakes, calipers, disc and suspension setup [:O]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Vee,wouldnt say an X reg 4mo with recaro's was worthless,unless its really high miles/tatty? Paul.
Worthless relatively speaking - I got pulled up on that by someone else recently but in a less polite manner.

I don't think many people are interested in them.

eg. my car could be advertised for anything up to ?10k but reaslitically there is now way it's going to fetch more then ?8k.

I paid ?14k 2.5 years ago.

Mileage is 56K & bodywork is excellent due to regular Zymol treatments.

I might treat to a set of Santa Monica when the current tyres wear out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a 2001 (Y) V6 4motion in black, full recaro leather interior, currently 50,000 on the clock.

they do become worthless, i paid ?18K from a dealer 3 yrs ago, now its
worth ?7-8K if i traded in at a dealer - we have the R32 to thank for
the mad drop in V6 4motion prices.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[Y
i have a 2001 (Y) V6 4motion in black, full recaro leather interior, currently 50,000 on the clock.

they do become worthless, i paid ?18K from a dealer 3 yrs ago, now its worth ?7-8K if i traded in at a dealer - we have the R32 to thank for the mad drop in V6 4motion prices.
Damn! We'd be ok if it wasnt for those ruddy R32's! [:p],suppose the v6 does have a limited market though,especially if you use the car every day,ie,fuel consumption compared to a 130/150pd would be a big issue,as would insurance i suppose. At least im lucky enough to have mine for weekend use,so fuel not a major issue. Anyway,keep em coming guys,lets see how many of us are enjoying that v6 noise,and 4 wheel drive! Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
And Me

I have a silver three door on a W

It has Black leather recaros, R32 ali trim, touran wiper, R32 gear
knowb, R32 ARB's, FK Konigsports coilovers and shock, and VW evolo
wheels

1 - 20 of 53 Posts