Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,312 Posts
yeah ive fitted mine before, took it off many a time to clean and put back on. No problems at all. Not heard of a headlight issue before? Battery out thats all. I find it a good idea to take battery out, fit the carbon pipe without the filter on, take front bumper off, then fit the filter while the front bumper is off near the arch liner. then you have lots of room to play with while fitting. Dont need to have the car jacked up. Fitting time appx 45 mins. But take your time doing it 1st time.

· Registered
10,606 Posts
yeah ive fitted mine before, took it off many
a time to clean and put back on. No problems at all. Not heard of
a headlight issue before? Battery out thats all. I find it a good idea
to take battery out, fit the carbon pipe without the filter on, take
front bumper off, then fit the filter while the front bumper is off
near the arch liner. then you have lots of room to play with while
fitting. Dont need to have the car jacked up. Fitting time appx 45
mins. But take your time doing it 1st time.
Mike, do u need to remove the bumper if u have to clean the
filter? or should i say, what's involved in
getting to the filter if u need to service it?

· Registered
2,312 Posts
yeah ive fitted mine before, took it off many a time to clean and put back on. No problems at all. Not heard of a headlight issue before? Battery out thats all. I find it a good idea to take battery out, fit the carbon pipe without the filter on, take front bumper off, then fit the filter while the front bumper is off near the arch liner. then you have lots of room to play with while fitting. Dont need to have the car jacked up. Fitting time appx 45 mins. But take your time doing it 1st time.
Mike, do u need to remove the bumper if u have to clean the filter? or should i say, what's involved in getting to the filter if u need to service it?
the easiest and best way is to remove the bumper yes, because once its off the filter is right there for you to take off and clean.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.