Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that a lot of people on here have carbonios, i ordered mine the otherday, when should i get it ?

P.S im not inpatient honest [A]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered it from Awsome dude. I want it nowwwwwwwww [:'(][:'(][:'(][;

Was only ?200+ for a piece of pipe [H]

There supposed to be a right *@%# [:mad:][:mad:][:mad:] @#$%%%* to fit thou , is this true ?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike have u fitted one before? i have heard of battery and headlamp issues?

Also is it best to take off the front bumoper and jack it up ? [:S] cant see why thou

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
yeah ive fitted mine before, took it off many a time to clean and put back on. No problems at all. Not heard of a headlight issue before? Battery out thats all. I find it a good idea to take battery out, fit the carbon pipe without the filter on, take front bumper off, then fit the filter while the front bumper is off near the arch liner. then you have lots of room to play with while fitting. Dont need to have the car jacked up. Fitting time appx 45 mins. But take your time doing it 1st time.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It still iant come , i no there is prob a huge demand of them n stuff but im not very pateint [:(] lol

How long did your ones take to come ppl ?

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
yeah ive fitted mine before, took it off many
a time to clean and put back on. No problems at all. Not heard of
a headlight issue before? Battery out thats all. I find it a good idea
to take battery out, fit the carbon pipe without the filter on, take
front bumper off, then fit the filter while the front bumper is off
near the arch liner. then you have lots of room to play with while
fitting. Dont need to have the car jacked up. Fitting time appx 45
mins. But take your time doing it 1st time.
Mike, do u need to remove the bumper if u have to clean the
filter? or should i say, what's involved in
getting to the filter if u need to service it?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
yeah ive fitted mine before, took it off many a time to clean and put back on. No problems at all. Not heard of a headlight issue before? Battery out thats all. I find it a good idea to take battery out, fit the carbon pipe without the filter on, take front bumper off, then fit the filter while the front bumper is off near the arch liner. then you have lots of room to play with while fitting. Dont need to have the car jacked up. Fitting time appx 45 mins. But take your time doing it 1st time.
Mike, do u need to remove the bumper if u have to clean the filter? or should i say, what's involved in getting to the filter if u need to service it?
the easiest and best way is to remove the bumper yes, because once its off the filter is right there for you to take off and clean.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
aha your order is still waiting for the 3gauge panel!

i've split order so hopefully the carbonio will leave today and the panel should follow next week :)

Sorry for the delay!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok cheers dude! What day do you think the CAI will arrive , so i can plan a that evening to set aside and fit it to my car [H]

The delay aint your fault mate, and i appriate u replying to this thread [Y]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yer it arrived today , got in from work and t was sittin there on my bed ! Fitted it and it sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very pleased money well spent [:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts