Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking this one out of a matter of concern as i dont want my lovely car TWOC'D by some crackhead skag whore scum bum bandit geezar

Also my car has never "Chirrped" when activating/deactivating, however it works 100% correctly elsewhre, making me consider if it should even chirp at all? Does your golf do this ? [^o)]

·
Registered
637 Posts
1st of all the alarm chirp is programmable with VAGCOM, along with auto locking, unlocking, s elective unlock etc etc.

I believe that the alarmimmobiliser is quite good, I think the most important thing for you to protect is the drivers lock as that is a known point.

At the end of the day, you can only protect your property to a certain extent, if someone is intent on getting their hands on it, they will.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My 2000 PD115 Golf was nicked in January without the thieving scum also stealing my keys, so either they know how to deactivate it or they towed it away. Either way I now use a disklok when parking up at night whilst I save up for a Clifford alarm system to supplement the VAG one.

Cheers

Carlos

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear ur car got stolen mate, theres a lot of people out there that need 2 be shot, the no good C***S! Thats why i am concerned about the standard system dude. Hope you dont have to deal with the misfourtune again with your new car !

So if my golfs been played around on vagcom, could my airbags be turned off and stuff?!?!?!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I dont know how the airbags get disabled, and even if VAGCOM can do it. I doubt the airbags would have been tampered with as I would imagine the only reason airbag system would be touched is if aftermarket steering wheels where fitted etc. I also believe that there are strict laws on disabling airbags which involves a lot of paperwork.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vagcom can control pretty much anything electrical in ur car (I Think) and passenger airbags, maybe side/curtain airbags def dont carrry any laws ect to them as my mate has a pug 106 and u can turn the passenger air bag off  via a key hole, for if u have a baby seat in the passengers seat. Im just exploring the possiblities of what my car could have been set up like, im 2 parinoid for my own good....

·
Registered
9 Posts
The alarm in my 2001 PD130 is very quiet. When I had my pioneer headunit nicked last september the interior motion alarm didn't seem to be working ... I put my arm through the broken window and it sounded really quiet compared to other alarms I have heard. My car has never chirped when locking it but I always deadlock the locks by pressing the lock button twice.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RandyC good call m8, does ur car tend to lock it self as well if u walk away if its not already locked?! Coz i been in petrol station b4 n my m8s are in the car and they keep thinking i lock em in and making the alarm go off they wont believe its not me [:mad:] This has happned twice now [:mad:][:mad:]

·
Registered
797 Posts
>> but I always deadlock the locks by pressing the lock button twice.

On the Golf that takes the deadlocks and alarm off, the default 1 press activates the deadlocks and alarm. So you have basically been leaving you car without the deadlocks activated and alarm off [:$]

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is quite true-the earlier VAG cars with the folding key blade required two presses of the lock button to activate the deadlocks but the later VAG cars and the Golfs have one touch deadlocks and pressing the lock button twice will dissarm the deadlocks and the alarm!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one of the folding key fobs though. So how can I be sure if one or two presses will deadlock the doors?

My car only locks itself if I unlock the car and don't open any door for 10-15 secs or so. I have locked my grandmother in the car once with the alarm going off and she didn't even know it was going off it was so quiet! :)

I may take a look at it when I finish my move over to Reading next week - back home to England once again :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Dizzee, the default for Golfs is for no alarm chirp- you have to use VAG-com to enable it, so don't worry, your car hasn't been fiddled with.

As for the one/two press deadlock thing- is this correct!? Mine is a 2001 and I always press it twice. On the second press I can hear extra 'clunks', like more bolts engaging. I always assumed this was the deadlocks.

I'll check this out in the manual tonight- will test the alarm too.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The best way to test it is to get someone to sit in the car, lock it with the one press. If they can't open the doors from the inside then it means the deadlocks are on. Then try it again but with two presses and see if they can open the doors, if they can it means the deadlocks aren't activated.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
the standard alarm systems are no good...ive booted the crap out of my moms car when i couldnt get the dam stero to work and it didnt go off, but when i pull up with my 2x15's blasting the alarm decides to go off, and its got a mind of its own sumtimes the siren works and sumtimes the siren dont work? [:S]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.