Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know? reason being, i've recently got one and when i first got it my dad was adamant that i should take it to his mates garage for "check over".....my dads always been paranoid about me with cars cus he knows i like to go fast and so far i can only get 107mph out of it!....is that right? or do you think i'm heading on the right lines with my dad pulling one over on me?

let me know your thoughts guys before i confront the ***...

cheers

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
i've had about the same! its meant to do 121 i think! it was slowly getting faster but the private road ran out [;)]

you may find you have a dodgy MAF! symptons are it wont pull at all over 3k rpm and it feels like u are hitting a wall!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
121!? nah its sound at pullin away dude, its just top end...thought my dad had been up to summat...especially after my mate said his vauxhall van tdi does 117! i'm gonna get it chipped this month just for that extra kick it needs.... anyone got any ups and downs about chipping??

·
Registered
273 Posts
my 110 seems fine, but im gonna go for an upsolute i think, as they recommend to change a MAF change when you get the remap..

Upsolute is probally the best upgrade for your ???

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right!...good, thanks everyone, i knew it wasnt right at first when it would only go to 105mph then start maoning like old granny....but last night i got to 107...bet i knew that still wasnt right....

so, whats MAF stand for? is it cheap to replace or doesnt it need replacing? i dont know alot about it...

thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
you can get a Merc MAF Sensor, they are cheaper to replace, think around ?60..

http://www.upsolute.com

upsolute is a remap, which can remap your gt tdi to 143bhp give or take, so you would see around a 25/30% in ratio increase in performance, and with the new MAF, should be laughing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wtf!? why doesnt mine do that!? it sits at 105 and moans and moans and moans!! [:|] i've booked in the garage on monday to see what the dude can see, i wanna go even faster than that!

i just noticed those red digits in the centre, i dont have them!? what's that for? maybe i do have them, do you have to turn it on or something? (i've only had my car a month)

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
i had 129 in Amars GT TDi 110 and she was asking for more but i had to back up as 2 S3s were braking hard infront of me!!!

sounds defo like a MAF problem

PM Amar (or me if u cant get in touch with him) and he will "sort it" for you

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey haddock close look at your pic ur doing 120mph in -1C. kinda mad[;)] plus how are you getting 40+mpg, at that speed im barly getting 25+mpg

·
Registered
360 Posts
hey haddock close look at your pic ur doing 120mph in -1C. kinda mad[;)] plus how are you getting 40+mpg, at that speed im barly getting 25+mpg
Was probably averaging 50 before the "run" [:)]

As for the temps, think there was quite a bit of snow around at the time...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts