Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Very, just done one myself.

You will have to remove the door card though then unlug the old one and plug the new one in.

It took me 15 minutes in total.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, the hardest bit is lining up the door pin to go back through the hole when putting the door panel back on.

You may need a mate to line it up from the top while you guide the pin in.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I was gonna get one of these ages ago but I think the blue LED might make it look as though its a fake alarm.

Think i'm gonna stick with the red one.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I went for the hyper blue one to enhance the brightness of the LED as the red one seemed pretty dull after my tints were fitted.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Speak to Foxy as he used to do these, I bought one without the plug on the end and to fit it you don't even need to remove the door card. Just prise up the old one cut the wires and fit new one job done in about 2 minutes.

J.

·
Registered
267 Posts
bought a kit and did both doors.took a good 2 hrs,as i did it properly,ie tucking wires away etc etc.looks pretty damn good imho.[:D] well pleased.did mine about 5 months ago.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by marriedblonde on 23/01/2005 18:07:49

Speak to Foxy as he used to do these, I bought one without the plug on the end and to fit it you don't even need to remove the door card. Just prise up the old one cut the wires and fit new one job done in about 2 minutes.

J.

can the ones with plugs be done like that?...but keep pulling till the plug appears?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 23/01/2005 20:24:43

can the ones with plugs be done like that?...but keep pulling till the plug appears?

No, the plug is inserted into a socket which is in the loom.

Also the plug would be too large to pass through the hole.

Its not a big job taking the door card off - 15 minutes it took me and its the first time I've had the door card off.

Don't chop the plug off for the sake of another 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 23/01/2005 21:22:17

how easy to get the door panel off?

VERY!!

Theres a guide knocking around on here somewhere but its simply a case of pulling off the finger plate, undoing the screws behind it, undo the 3 torx screws at the bottom of the door card, undo the small screw near the wing mirror, unclip the card and pull upwards and away.

Be careful with the cables etc.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yep, that easy. The only advice I could offer is to use a magnetic screwdriver when removing the bolts under the finger plate area, as it could be quite easy to drop the bolts into the door. I bought one of these from the same advertiser on eBay and was more than happy with the quality of the product, he uses genuine VAG parts ie door pin surround and wiring connector. Hope that helps.

Cheers, Pat

·
Registered
100 Posts
I done the 2 front doors on my car this weekend, took about 2 hours very easy, nice blue leds, both flash at the same time looks great.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just concerned about taking the door off...

are blue LEDS chavvy? or look cool?

i think cool...

especially as i have got blue puddle LED lights coming!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 24/01/2005 12:36:43

just concerned about taking the door off...

are blue LEDS chavvy? or look cool?

i think cool...

especially as i have got blue puddle LED lights coming!

You dont need to take the door off!!

If you are worried about a blue LED looking chavvy then why have you bought some Max Power puddle lights? [B)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 24/01/2005 18:45:02

why dont i need to take the door off?...

oi, max power puddle lights.....HARSH!!!

Just joking with you [:D] , Im sure you mean the 'Door Card' and not the door itself?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts