Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I pay for mine in one go, bummer is I picked my car up on the 2nd Jan so december is normally a very, very expensive month as I also have to tax my car... To make things worse last year I had to pay for christmas (2 parties, lots of presents, car insurance, road tax) and then my washing machine breaks on me. I tried to tell Claire that she could do the washing by hand but wasn't having none of it!

J.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i pay with a loan, cheaper too than buying the brokers finance..

a new quote today says 918 quid, their payments, 279 deposit [:O] then 9 months of 88.01, i cant afford the 300 quid dep.[!] so I rung alliance and leicester organised a 900 quid loan over a year and I pay 12 installments of 91 quid... far better I reckon.. . its cheaper too, by about 70 quid..

the only trouble I get is that when renewal comes, I might get a month overlap, but I think its worth it...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The 'Silver' Fox pays about £400 per year (37yo full NCD - private plus work and missus)

I pay monthly for stuff that i don't get all up front - i mean, the risk is ongoing thru the year isn't it?

I disagree with paying interest for the exact same reason.

If my insurer messes me about i'll cancel the direct debit and that's that!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I pay for mine by Direct Debit also..

It only works out at about £32 per month over 10months and £80 for the first payment.

It's a lot better than nearly £90 a month of which I was paying for my last cat (Scooby).

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.