Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading others posts re. insurance premiums got me thinking do you guys may annually or monthly and how much extra is your premium for monthly dd?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
by DD monthly, don't have the kind of money needed lying around to pay it one go. I'm not sure what the cost is for installments, but it's usually not much.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'll break the trend and say Annually - well 10 month as it's a bonus accelerator. £800 quid up front - so that I don't spend it through the year [^]

·
Registered
194 Posts
I pay mine annually, but not by choice. Insurance company told me I had to do it, plus its €3500 in one whack. Nasty.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I normally pay for mine through DD but this year I got a cheap quote but the APR charge was about 20% so I paid it for all up front.

Not willing to pay about 20%APR Its a con!!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I save for mine monthly and then pay it in one lump at renewal that way you get interest (not a lot) on your savings and don't get charged extra for monthly payments!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I pay annually. As smallboy says it normally costs about 10% extra to pay monthly and I'm not willing to give them an extra £80 or so when they're already taking a huge amount from me!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I pay for mine in one go, bummer is I picked my car up on the 2nd Jan so december is normally a very, very expensive month as I also have to tax my car... To make things worse last year I had to pay for christmas (2 parties, lots of presents, car insurance, road tax) and then my washing machine breaks on me. I tried to tell Claire that she could do the washing by hand but wasn't having none of it!

J.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I pay for mine, like most people, with an arm and a leg.

But its by DD so just a couple of fingers and toes a month

[:)]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Direct Debit for me too.......... mine expires 19th December, so too close to close to Xmas to pay in full (not that i could afford it anyhow!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i pay with a loan, cheaper too than buying the brokers finance..

a new quote today says 918 quid, their payments, 279 deposit [:O] then 9 months of 88.01, i cant afford the 300 quid dep.[!] so I rung alliance and leicester organised a 900 quid loan over a year and I pay 12 installments of 91 quid... far better I reckon.. . its cheaper too, by about 70 quid..

the only trouble I get is that when renewal comes, I might get a month overlap, but I think its worth it...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yikes! Some expensive premiums there. I usually pay yearly but as I'm now thro Tesco they offered interest free monthly so that me sorted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i pay annually and payed 1400 quid last year as id only been driving 4 months when i got me 2.0. I have saved bits and bobs up over the year to pay annually again, should be about £1100 this year, a total joke.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I pay annually, saving a bit throughout the year - I dont want to give the robbing gits any more than I can help [;)] Last year mine was £850, too much considering I am 29 with no accidents in last 12 years!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The 'Silver' Fox pays about £400 per year (37yo full NCD - private plus work and missus)

I pay monthly for stuff that i don't get all up front - i mean, the risk is ongoing thru the year isn't it?

I disagree with paying interest for the exact same reason.

If my insurer messes me about i'll cancel the direct debit and that's that!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I pay for mine by Direct Debit also..

It only works out at about £32 per month over 10months and £80 for the first payment.

It's a lot better than nearly £90 a month of which I was paying for my last cat (Scooby).

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts