Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a knocking from the front of my car when I am moving and turn the steering wheel to near full lock (only when I turn to the right IIRC).

Either way, I have recently changed my wishbones, bushes, tie-rods & tie-rod ends, and ball joints and none of this has solved the noise. The top mounts & bearings were changed about a year ago, and the ARB bushes were changed about 18 months ago.

I am thinking it could potentially be the drop links as these are one of the last items that have not been changed or upgraded. Could anyone please advise what the symptoms are of faulty drop links?

Cheers,

Luke

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate...[y]

For the £20 it costs from ECP I may aswell put new ones on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got both my drop links pulled on an MOT back in September as being too far gone on the bushes, so naturally changed them, only for the bolt to shear out of the bottom LHS drop link/wish bone, never heard it go but the steering ended up quite quick in one direction compaired to the other, didnt really notice the difference at first nor realise the bolt was missing until it ended up back in for the re-test Opppps!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not sure about the symtomps of worn droplink bushes, but does the knocking noise increase with wheel speed? i had this and found it to be the passenger side C.V joint on its way out huge tear in the rubber boot and grease everywhere [:(]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts