Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I've got one already. I thought they came as standard but obviously it didn't if you don't have on. Anyway they are actually quite large so if you wanted to try fitting it it would involve cutting a large hole in the middle of your rear seat

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I know that any rear armrests I have had have been built into the seat fabric.....

I would involve a bit of seat re-trimming.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok......how do i know if i have one already then???

sounds silly i know, but i've never looked.......

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Its a big square in the centre of your rear seat. You should be able to pull it down as its on a hinge. Then you can open it for the storage compartment

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you have one, your 'middle' seat will have a gap about 3/4's of the way up, where you can pull the arm rest down. My flatmate's car has one, but I don't have one on my Recaros.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I found a rear cup holder on ebay the other week and fancied the 99p bidding. Popped outside to see where it would fit only to find i already had one.

Shows how often i sit in the rear of the car

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i was under the impression that you would not have a rear arm rest if you had the safety pack which consisted of a center shoulder strap style seat belt.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 03/03/2005 20:53:17

ok......how do i know if i have one already then???

sounds silly i know, but i've never looked.......

possibilites are you will know if you have one if...

a) do you have a lap belt on the rear centre seat, if so then you should have a rear arm rest.

b) do you have a diagonal seat belt (i.e comes from top of centre seat) if so then you may not.

c)also if you have a centre head rest this may be another reason you wont have one.

May have something to do with the safety pack though???

Just check and look if you cant see a big square thing in the middle of the seats that you can put your finger in and pull down then sorry you have not got one.

To modify your seats to add one you will require a whole new seat backing plate, (the metal bit you see from your boot) as this contains the mounting.

Good Luck![:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
131 Posts
i got a safety pack...3rd headrests and seat belt and a rear armrest ..and i saw a set of blue recaros once ..with 3 headrests and a centre armrest and a lap belt...confused u will be lol

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by budgie on 03/03/2005 23:19:35

i got a safety pack...3rd headrests and seat belt and a rear armrest ..and i saw a set of blue recaros once ..with 3 headrests and a centre armrest and a lap belt...confused u will be lol

Thats what I got, in black, and funnily enough the armrest is a bit damaged, so if no one minds and Essex if you havn't got the need for it i will bid? dont worry if you want it its not dead important to me...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts