Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,967 Posts
I've got one already. I thought they came as standard but obviously it didn't if you don't have on. Anyway they are actually quite large so if you wanted to try fitting it it would involve cutting a large hole in the middle of your rear seat

· Registered
965 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 03/03/2005 20:53:17

ok......how do i know if i have one already then???

sounds silly i know, but i've never looked.......

possibilites are you will know if you have one if...

a) do you have a lap belt on the rear centre seat, if so then you should have a rear arm rest.

b) do you have a diagonal seat belt (i.e comes from top of centre seat) if so then you may not.

c)also if you have a centre head rest this may be another reason you wont have one.

May have something to do with the safety pack though???

Just check and look if you cant see a big square thing in the middle of the seats that you can put your finger in and pull down then sorry you have not got one.

To modify your seats to add one you will require a whole new seat backing plate, (the metal bit you see from your boot) as this contains the mounting.

Good Luck![:D][:D][:D]

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by budgie on 03/03/2005 23:19:35

i got a safety pack...3rd headrests and seat belt and a rear armrest ..and i saw a set of blue recaros once ..with 3 headrests and a centre armrest and a lap belt...confused u will be lol

Thats what I got, in black, and funnily enough the armrest is a bit damaged, so if no one minds and Essex if you havn't got the need for it i will bid? dont worry if you want it its not dead important to me...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.