Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
bi xenon means two that headlight has one i mean you could fit a bi xenon bulb in there in theory but the the bulb to the left is then made redundant which is the high or main beam right? plus you'd have to alter the wiring etc

Bora's that come with xenons are bi xenons both high and low beam on one bulb H4

Ian

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
No such thing as a bi-xenon bulb!

The mk5 xenons ARE bi-xenon!

The lens has a shutter in it to give both dipped and FULL beam! (Bi-xenon)

The halogen bulb in the reflector housing shown on the left in the picture above serves as a FTP (Flash to pass) full beam!

Rich

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
Tinners... i thought it was either or!

Push stalk backeards for the xenon full beam (no halogen)

Pull stalk forward for flash to pass halogen.

The bixenon doesn't work on mine because i cannot be bothered to run the extra wires required! [:D]

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Tinners... i thought it was either or!

Push stalk backeards for the xenon full beam (no halogen)

Pull stalk forward for flash to pass halogen.

The bixenon doesn't work on mine because i cannot be bothered to run the extra wires required!
Could of swore it was all four last time I checked. Will take a gander before I leave work tonight when it's dark.

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
<snip>

Bora's that come with xenons are bi xenons both high and low beam on one bulb H4

Ian
The Bora has a Xenon projector for dip beam and a second halogen bulb for main beam. The main beam bulb takes the place of the fog lamp in the light assembly, so any Bora with Xenons has no foglights. At least for the OEM Xenon units. If you go with the Xenon / HID kits in the standard headlights then the H4 fitment bulb has a solenoid shunt system which moves the bulb back and forward to give different beam patterns (high & low), similar to the Bi Xenon in question I think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts