Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the heater blower motor, heater never worked properly when I bought the car 3 weeks ago but it didnt bother me as I want to put my own mark on it anyway. Well its packed in altogether now & as you know its fickin freezin out there at the mo, so can anyone let me know how to remove it, please dont say I have to remove the whole heater unit.

Cheers in advance guys.

Joe

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
you need to remove the lover trim and it slides down wards towards the floor

will take a bit of shifting but it WILL go [Y]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found this if it helps anyone else.

Posted Image

"The panel on the end of the dash, accessible only when the passenger door is open, is the key. Once that is pried off you can see the fan motor. With all the screws removed from around the glove box and two more removed from under the end panel, you can just move the glovebox out of the way but not remove it. It remains fixed at one point near the gear shift, but that seems to be flexible enough to allow the other end of the lower dash to rest on the floor creating an opening just big enough to get access to the fan motor etal.

Two screws undo from underneith the fan plenum and the resistor pack drops down. Disconnect the wires and it comes right off.

The fan motor assembly slides down out of an inverted U shaped slot, you have to pull a piece of metal dash support rail out of the way slightly. Then there is a clip at the top of the U to release the fan assembly. After that, it comes out in your hand."

Must add, the written instructions above are for the mk4 jetta but apart from a couple of things its the same system.

Joe[:D]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Does this help?

it says its number 9 now on that pic lol im running climatronic and ive a problem with my heater fan im only gettin one speed, ive replaced the heater resistor(the big red one) but ive still got the problem and im wondering if theres another resistor at the bottom of the fan housing?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts