Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i'm new to this site and i'm looking to make subtle mods to my golf. I want to debadge the front but have seen that grills on ebay have FK and other letters in front of them what does this mean and which one would fit my car?Thanks in advance Jason

·
Registered
669 Posts
Get any debadge grill there more ar less the same BUT remember if you take the grill with the badge out to fit a debadge one you will need the bumper and the bonnet filled. Can cost up wards of £150 to do this in a body shop..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate. Never even thought about that. Think i might go for the cheaper option of getting black vw badge.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I know what you mean (My pimp my ride faze) [:$]

Posted Image

Posted Image

I sprayed the bottom bar the same silver as the car and the infill lasted about aweek then ripped it off and threw it in the garage

All my bling wipers have gone now [:$]

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi
I was looking Into this but it seems to be very expensive. I have decided that I will just spray my current badges black alot cheaper too!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
black back and front looks smart dude. Had the golf taken off the back of mine but kept vw badge and gti wanting to debadge the front and have only gti but the black front looks sweet. Nice with the red aswell [Y].

Doesn't really hide where the badge was as well as they make out on the ad.

·
NooNoo
9,450 Posts
I've bought 4 front grilles inc the FK, all need cutting, some are just plain rubbish.

Ended up with the Bonrath, you pay for what you get, minimal trimming, great quality and the best fit by far!

[:)]

·
Registered
576 Posts
I found a bonrath grill on ebay for £29.99 delivered so snapped that up, im geting the bits filled in properly but for the last 2 months ive been using the infil, yeh if you look upclose it looks a bit manky...

Posted Image

But as you move back a bit and look from a distance you cannot even notice theyre there...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wouldnt change back to a badged grill i love it debadged. also if your into your bonnet bra's (im not really but thats just my opinion) you can get one that will go straight over the notch and cover it anyway so its not visable then you only have to worry about the one in the bumper, i picked up an old smoothed bumper with it filled in for £30 then currently getting that resprayed as we talk. IMO debadged looks awesome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
does look good from a distance very nice [Y] i'm the same not a fan of bonnet bras's either.

ste220

exhaust was like that when i got the car. wanting to get r32 body kit and twin exhaust system on so leavin it be til i can hopefully get that done. Just need to find a good quality plastic rep.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My bonrath was a perferct fit and doesnt bow in the middle like cheaper ones do, id say go for a bonrath you if your gonna do it. i wasnt keen to pay the huge amount more that the bonraths cost compared to a cheapo one, but i was lucky to find one on ebay so just keep your eye out, you never know. OR if you keep your badges, i really want to see a black golf with a WHITE grill and badges cos i think it would look wicked ive always wanted a black golf just so i can do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts