Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

how do i install a bov urgent help please

500 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  caractereveedub
how do i install my bov onto my golf it has a small thin pipe and a larger pipe on the bov. i need help to install it all answers will help im hopeless at it lads
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Dude, do you have a Diverter valve or a Blow off valve?

A diverter valve will have two ports and a small nipple for the vacuum pipe.

A Blow off valve or dump valve (same) will have the same but a trumpet sort of port also to let the pressure (whoosh) out.

basically either either way fitting is the same.

Remove you old Bosch black Diverter valve, it'll be joined onto the TIP and another pressure hose, located at the top of the engine cover towards the right hand side.

Remove the Bosch valve inc the jubilee clips from the TIP and pressure hose, pull off the current vacuum pipe on top of that pipe and replace with your valve.

I hope this helps.
See less See more
sorry forgot to say with the dump valve which i believe you have, you have to blank off the TIP (Turbo inlet pipe).

get a blanking plug from Forge if you wanna splash out (i do0 or just an ebay one will work fine.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.