Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe reason I am asking is because the inside is lack with oil. the reason I am asking is becasue I don't think there is a product on the market that I can just squirt into the manifold and it cleans it when I turn the engine on and since the manifold is black , I am guessing the EGR it fudged aswell ,I think i am going to need an EGR delete.

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
I have heard if you delete it the ECU will keep logging fault codes.
Wrong
It will if you remove the valves and do a vac simplifivcation as the ECU can tell the valves aren't there and will log a fault, on older PD's this doesn't throw a fault light but it is stored in the memory on the later ones the car can tell there is a problem even if the valves are still there but and the vac line has been blocked off and will put an error light on, this can be mapped out by a tuning company though.

If you leave the valves in place on the older ones the ECU doesn't log a fault, remove the surpluss vac lines though [;)]

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
No, remove the egr, block or remove the pipes but leave the valves connected if you don't want any errors in the ecu, your won't throw an error light anyway as it is an AJM. It will store two errors in the ECU but they will only be visable when the car is scanned so nothing to worry about really.

Have a look at this too

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Omg more things to fix on my car now , this is doing my nut, one problem after another , water pump, EGR, Lights, bodged wiring job, great (Y). What's the betting by the end of the week I will find another one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts