Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which could be added to the classifieds section... [:p]

I know it might not get as many threads and hits as the wanted and offered sections, but i think it would still prove a useful section and also stop people who wish to swap something, from filling the other sections with such requests!

Also, with it being a lesser demand section, i don't think it would be too hard to add it, nor pose such a problem for you mods to oversee!

What do others think? [:^)]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I think this would be a great idea, i could see front ends of boras and golfs getting swapped quite regularly.

Sat

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Not to mention headlights, rear lights, interior bits... I think it could be a good little addition! [:D]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have we any more interest in this? What do the mods think about this suggestion? [:^)]

·
Registered
217 Posts
i think this would be a good idea

very handy if you have a modded car and want to swap with someone for standard parts

i.e if your selling your car and want it standard

·
Registered
376 Posts
Definitely worthwhile IMO<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
id swap my girlfriend for one who doesnt complain about how far i park in the sainsburys carparks.
I'll swap you for a wife and two screaming bin lids if you like. She complains if you dont park near the fruit counter !!!

By the way a swap shop would be a great idea.

·
Golf V R32 3.2 250PS DSG / Golf IV TDI-R 200PS
1,870 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I was going to post something similar.

I've got loads of bits which I could do with swapping.

I recently narrowly missed out on a set of lights, which when the guy had sold he then put up a wanted ad for exactly the lights that I would have been replacing!

There were two posts about three apart in the engine bits this week where they were both looking to get rid of the dump valves they had in return for the one the other had!

Maybe the format could be;

I've got:.................

I want:....................

·
Golf V R32 3.2 250PS DSG / Golf IV TDI-R 200PS
1,870 Posts
id swap my girlfriend for one who doesnt complain about how far i park in the sainsburys carparks.
hahaha we all can relate to that one
You're not doing it right.

Drop her near the entrance so she can get started with the shopping. Go and park in a safe empty ('till you get back and are surrounded [:(]) area. Then you go in and read as many car / bike / photo magazines (stay away from Zoo / Nuts etc. - you'll look like a perv) as you can and then catch her up somewhere near the end of the shop in the alcohol section , where you'll need to provide assistance.[Y]

Leave the girlfriend swapping to JT!

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I think this is a great idea!

Everyone has parts they dont use, and everyone has parts they desire....swapping is a good idea!

When you replace an OEM part you might not want to keep it, but someone mite have broken theirs and wants a replacement!

·
Registered
892 Posts
One mans junk is anothers treasure. Il happily swap my 1.6 golf for any of your 1.9/1.8s hehe.

Nah id be interested. Prob got a few things ive taken off that others may need.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts