Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that's just put me off gory films!! Well disturbing, good twist at the end though [:)]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I thought it was a decent film, nothing spectacular, but enjoyable all the same.

Actually, despite all the hype, it is not gory at all IMHO, there are many films with far more blood in them, and there's only 3 scenes where it even shows anything, and then its only a couple of seconds!

Its more atmospheric than gory I think.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I thought it was absolutly pants, its the same with most "horror" films lately, they introduce too many "hot"teens with blue eyes and predictable shock moments. Last goodish ones i saw were land of the dead and hills have eyes.

If you want gore watch Braindead, Director Peter Jackson.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I watched this the other night and agree it was fairly pants. I've seen and done worse things at work. The effects were poor and I was pretty disappointed. I just think Eli Roth is a poor director - just take a look at Cabin Fever which was dire.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I've got to get these on DVD..My mates have told me how gruesoome they are so I'll live in fear...Were the films as nasty as everyone's making out?? Sounds horrible

No one would come to the cinema, no one...so DVD it is [:(]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Personally, i think cabin fever and hostel are the most gory films i have ever seen! But then again i am a girl.. [:DD]

I saw the second Hostel a couple of weeks ago. That was no where near as bad as the first one and seemed very short!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I think the bad thing about Hostel 2 is its based round a group of girls. The first is obviously fellas. Its always worse when these things happen to women imo.

How funny is the bit at the end with the dog though!! lol.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Shhhhh, don't spoil it ha! [;)]

Has anyone seen irreversible? A friend of mine recommended it, it really shocked me and she wasn't in the least bit! I thought it was horrific? Only mentioned it as she mentioned Hostel too..

·
Registered
166 Posts
I still don't remember, but is not hard to figure out. hehe. I always laugh at things like that, where as guys don't find it as funny... [:DD]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts