Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Hoping to get my cylinders honed out threw the week been hoping to use a flex hone tool but can't seem to find anywhere about my way or Scotland that sells 3 1/4" ones my other option is i can use a stone hone I have in work but fearful I won't be able to create the crosshatch as well does anyone have any opinions on where to get a flex hone for a decent price or if a stone hone would do'

·
Super Moderator
50,215 Posts
I've used the type that looks like a bog brush and the one with grinding stones on spring loaded arms,both give the same results if you know how to use them,just make sure you use LOTS and LOTS of oil while you're doing it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'Yeah it's the flex hone bog brush one am looking for lol only place down my way wants 80 quid for it lol I can get a stone hone that I use for hydraulic cylinders but don't think I will be able to crosshatch with it I know the spring one your talking about might try get one of them did you get your brush one online ?'

·
Super Moderator
50,215 Posts
I borrowed mine about 15 years ago,maybe time I gave it back
.Can't find the photos now but as long as you move it up and down at the correct rate you should be able to crosshatch with any sort of honing tool.

Edit found the photo,this is a 2 stroke jet ski engine I did with the spring loaded one but got the same results with my own bog brush on previous engines.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.