Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a full set (main grill and bumper grills) of honeycomb style grills for a MKIV like Audi use also on the MKV GTI,

Jambo

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yeah I agree, If you could find maybe the honey comb which would replace the straight slatted inserts we currently have....

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Yeah I agree, If you could find maybe the honey comb which would replace the straight slatted inserts we currently have....
Not that I don't like the honeycomb effect or anything, I actually quite like it, but I think that the bumper insert bits are meant to match with the Golf/Bora's big thick grille pieces that run left to right. I wonder whether honeycomb at the bottom would look ok without honeycomb for the grille?

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
It was just one which i saw in golf+, as an example for you all

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
To be honest i recon this wont look good unless a decent replacement bumper that encompases a larger grill is made availible.The closest your gonna get to it at the mo looks like the one posted above.Now if this bumper was all one colour and didnt have the slats at the side it wouldnt look half as bad i recon.Not sure if id have it personally but i recon it would look loads better.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Can anyone do a photoshop of the honeycomb in the upper and lower grilles of a mk4. It would give everyone an idea of how it would look[:D]

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
remember seeing the mkv bumper in Golf+, the annoying thing is ive seen homycomb grills on a polo in performanve vw on a cover car and for sale in the adverts!

gutting, honeycomb looks so much better than slats or mesh.

oh well

·
Registered
1 Posts
i think the honey comb main grill was a one off a guy made them for some members of R32OC and i dont think he is making them anymore :( gutting

1 - 20 of 30 Posts